Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

'08 NanoXcel strength

A friend of mine talked to a SeaDoo salesman and mentioned the Yamaha NanoXcel technology. The SeaDoo salesman said it was hyped up and the NanoXcel cracked/shattered pretty easy. I don't believe the salesman but I have nothing to base my opinion on. I was wondering what your thoughts/experience are. Has anyone had any issues with racing, wave jumping, riding the ski up onto a sandy beach, etc. Thanks.

dil

Thats just a salesman trying to sell his product. Salesmen are slime balls. What would he say if he sold for Yamaha?

+1
    Ask the Seadoo salesman about delaminating hulls and ceramic bearings on the superchargers. Think God for Jerry with his metal washers that prevented premature failures for 3 years before Sea-doo decided to use metal washers. All the brands have problems but most salesmen will tell you anything to sell you the ski. This forum keeps those salesmen in check!

+1
    talk to Rip and tear sho . . . i think he has 60 hours on his ski and no problems soo far . . i have 37 hours on mine and no problems . .!!!!

You want to see a weak hull, just pop the seat off of an RXP and look at all the dry glass in there. Sea-Doo cheaps out on the resin to save $$$ and sticks us with delaminating hulls. Then ask him about all the RXP hulls with cracks in the bottom from the hull flexing, any RXP ridden in rough water will get them over time. He'll deny it all I'm sure but do a search over in the Sea-Doo section .

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I was at a seadoo dealer today getting keys programed for my conversion. They were adamant about the rxpx going 87 stock I told him that I rode a t-x and it barely kissed 70. his response, , , well, it's a 3 seater you know. a few pounds heavier.

+1
    HAHA don't you just love the dealers . . (going off topic) i went to a kawi dealer the guy promised me it did High 80s . . some do 90 mph !!! i was like ok kool . . i want to test drive one . . .and i will pay for it if i get it to even say 80 (hopeing the dreamo wasn't rigged) haha yea he all the sudden backed down !!

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    You want to see a weak hull, just pop the seat off of an RXP and look at all the dry glass in there. Sea-Doo cheaps out on the resin to save $$$ and sticks us with delaminating hulls. Then ask him about all the RXP hulls with cracks in the bottom from the hull flexing, any RXP ridden in rough water will get them over time. He'll deny it all I'm sure but do a search over in the Sea-Doo section .
    this is a thread over on the Doo side....very concerning safety issue with pump-tunnel construction in the skis....this particular ski was a RXP-X......the skis mentioned below were RXT-X's.........
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68116

this is a problem with fast skis...i.e. GPR's had the same problem.....but this seemed like just stuipidity for SD to do on such a fast-azz $13k ski......this is from hydrojunkie...

"i was told from glenn at r and d " THERE ARE 2 LAYERS TO THE TUNNEL AND THERE NOT BONDED TOGETHER. THERE IS A GUY THAT HE KNOW'S FROM FLORIDA THAT CAME DOWN TO RACE A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE RACE IT BLEW UP. HE BOUGHT ANOTHER SKI BRAND NEW AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN. 2 RXT-X'S . TALK ABOUT SHIT LUCK. NOW THAT'S SCARY. SEADOO WOULDNT DO NOTHING "

as far as my SHO goes....I've got 66.7 hours on it (about 35 hrs offSHOre) and knock on wood......no issues yet.....and i've taken some pretty bone-jarring, teeth-shaking hits on the hull where i've said to my self wincing..."ok....that one cracked something"............I've split gatorade bottles down the center......ripped lanyards tabs off of my GPS....crushed my favorite Oakleys....and minced M&M Peanuts down into peanut pieces so small that ur looking at them saying" ok....there is no way that that 1/4 filled Gatorade bottle could have milled/crushed those peanuts into little, tiny pieces that small...theres no way"

OffSHOre is a completely different animal....if there is a weakness....offSHOre riding will find it!

Synopsis: Nano-Xcel is some tough sh-t!!!
    Last edited by Rip'nTear SHO; 08-05-2008 at 11:14 PM.

Man, I must have gotten lucky. The only thing they lied to me was about the bilge water outlet being the battery vent. Har har... Uhm... the battery vent is under the rear seat section!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Man, I must have gotten lucky. The only thing they lied to me was about the bilge water outlet being the battery vent. Har har... Uhm... the battery vent is under the rear seat section!
    I don't think they are as big of liars as they are uniformed.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information