Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    4

    2004 GTX SC 185 Stage One Kit

    I am new in here. I have a 2004 GTX SC, 185 engine with no mods. I would like to get some more performance out it. I have read the article about changing the washers and bearings, which I plan on changing out. My question is about the Stage 1 kits available. What is the major difference between the Riva and R&D kits? I am in the Norfolk, VA area, my riding is mostly on little to heavy choppy water on the Chesapeake Bay. I am not looking to go over board with the mods. I would like to be able to reach over 65 maybe to 70mph. So far I have only maxed out 60mph on a full tank and mild choppy water with a buddy's gps. I don't know the temp. I appreciate any and all advice you guys can give.

    Thanks,
    Chris


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by poboy74 View Post
    I am new in here. I have a 2004 GTX SC, 185 engine with no mods. I would like to get some more performance out it. I have read the article about changing the washers and bearings, which I plan on changing out. My question is about the Stage 1 kits available. What is the major difference between the Riva and R&D kits? I am in the Norfolk, VA area, my riding is mostly on little to heavy choppy water on the Chesapeake Bay. I am not looking to go over board with the mods. I would like to be able to reach over 65 maybe to 70mph. So far I have only maxed out 60mph on a full tank and mild choppy water with a buddy's gps. I don't know the temp. I appreciate any and all advice you guys can give.

    Thanks,
    Chris


    Welcome to the boards!

    My father just got rid of his 04 GTXSC, and it was complete with a Stage 1 and metal washers, and would run 65-66 all day long, and would be even with our friend's 07 RXT...

    I would suggest getting the washer's done ASAP, especially since you ride the bay...

    The Stage 1 is a great addition, but i would swap out a few parts for othe items instead...

    - 4" Kanaflex intake setup. You will need to get the tube, filter, and SC adapter...Its better than the Riva or R&D setup...
    - RE Blockoffs instead of the Riva OPAS block offs...better fit and performance.

    Other than those 2 items, the Riva Intake Grate, Pump Wedge, and Solas SR-CD-13/20R are all you need...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    4
    Danny thanks for the information. I have read a few post talking about the 4" Kanaflex intake. Where would i get that from? Still new here. Does anyone have a picture(s) on how to setup it up? Also I have read that the R&D intake grate was better in choppy water. Is there really a differences or would the average rider notice the difference? Also I see that the R&D pump wedge is 2.5 vice the Riva's 2 degree. Would that .5 differences make a big differences in speed? I am still learning all of this.

  4. #4
    sea sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ucf orlando,florida
    Posts
    64
    Welcome to hulkamania there is lots of info in this site, i have the same ski and with the mods that you want you should be more than happy!!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    4
    sea sik what mods have you done to your ski? From what I have read so far I am leaning toward R&D parts. Looks like I can get more for the money going R&D.

  6. #6
    jpeconsult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pineville, LA
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Welcome to the boards!

    My father just got rid of his 04 GTXSC, and it was complete with a Stage 1 and metal washers, and would run 65-66 all day long, and would be even with our friend's 07 RXT...

    I would suggest getting the washer's done ASAP, especially since you ride the bay...

    The Stage 1 is a great addition, but i would swap out a few parts for othe items instead...

    - 4" Kanaflex intake setup. You will need to get the tube, filter, and SC adapter...Its better than the Riva or R&D setup...
    - RE Blockoffs instead of the Riva OPAS block offs...better fit and performance.

    Other than those 2 items, the Riva Intake Grate, Pump Wedge, and Solas SR-CD-13/20R are all you need...
    Absolutly! +1

  7. #7
    sea sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ucf orlando,florida
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by poboy74 View Post
    sea sik what mods have you done to your ski? From what I have read so far I am leaning toward R&D parts. Looks like I can get more for the money going R&D.
    All i have is two mods, the (water box mod & air intake) i took it to the local lake and i gps @ 64mph !

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2004 gtx sc 185 4000.00
    By ALOHR in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 05:33 PM
  2. 2004 Gtx Sc 185 Hp
    By Gunguy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 09:14 PM
  3. 2004 Gtx Sc 185 Hp
    By Gunguy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 09:33 PM
  4. 03 GTX SC Riva Stage one slower
    By rjpandcbp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 08:34 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 03:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •