2004 GTX SC 185 Stage One Kit

I am new in here. I have a 2004 GTX SC, 185 engine with no mods. I would like to get some more performance out it. I have read the article about changing the washers and bearings, which I plan on changing out. My question is about the Stage 1 kits available. What is the major difference between the Riva and R&D kits? I am in the Norfolk, VA area, my riding is mostly on little to heavy choppy water on the Chesapeake Bay. I am not looking to go over board with the mods. I would like to be able to reach over 65 maybe to 70mph. So far I have only maxed out 60mph on a full tank and mild choppy water with a buddy's gps. I don't know the temp. I appreciate any and all advice you guys can give.

Thanks,
    Chris

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by poboy74 View Post
    I am new in here. I have a 2004 GTX SC, 185 engine with no mods. I would like to get some more performance out it. I have read the article about changing the washers and bearings, which I plan on changing out. My question is about the Stage 1 kits available. What is the major difference between the Riva and R&D kits? I am in the Norfolk, VA area, my riding is mostly on little to heavy choppy water on the Chesapeake Bay. I am not looking to go over board with the mods. I would like to be able to reach over 65 maybe to 70mph. So far I have only maxed out 60mph on a full tank and mild choppy water with a buddy's gps. I don't know the temp. I appreciate any and all advice you guys can give.

Thanks,
    Chris

Welcome to the boards!

My father just got rid of his 04 GTXSC, and it was complete with a Stage 1 and metal washers, and would run 65-66 all day long, and would be even with our friend's 07 RXT...

I would suggest getting the washer's done ASAP, especially since you ride the bay...

The Stage 1 is a great addition, but i would swap out a few parts for othe items instead...

- 4" Kanaflex intake setup. You will need to get the tube, filter, and SC adapter...Its better than the Riva or R&D setup...
    - RE Blockoffs instead of the Riva OPAS block offs...better fit and performance.

Other than those 2 items, the Riva Intake Grate, Pump Wedge, and Solas SR-CD-13/20R are all you need...

Danny thanks for the information. I have read a few post talking about the 4" Kanaflex intake. Where would i get that from? Still new here. Does anyone have a picture(s) on how to setup it up? Also I have read that the R&D intake grate was better in choppy water. Is there really a differences or would the average rider notice the difference? Also I see that the R&D pump wedge is 2.5 vice the Riva's 2 degree. Would that .5 differences make a big differences in speed? I am still learning all of this.

Welcome to hulkamania there is lots of info in this site, i have the same ski and with the mods that you want you should be more than happy!!

sea sik what mods have you done to your ski? From what I have read so far I am leaning toward R&D parts. Looks like I can get more for the money going R&D.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Welcome to the boards!

My father just got rid of his 04 GTXSC, and it was complete with a Stage 1 and metal washers, and would run 65-66 all day long, and would be even with our friend's 07 RXT...

I would suggest getting the washer's done ASAP, especially since you ride the bay...

The Stage 1 is a great addition, but i would swap out a few parts for othe items instead...

- 4" Kanaflex intake setup. You will need to get the tube, filter, and SC adapter...Its better than the Riva or R&D setup...
    - RE Blockoffs instead of the Riva OPAS block offs...better fit and performance.

Other than those 2 items, the Riva Intake Grate, Pump Wedge, and Solas SR-CD-13/20R are all you need...
    Absolutly! +1

Quote Originally Posted by poboy74 View Post
    sea sik what mods have you done to your ski? From what I have read so far I am leaning toward R&D parts. Looks like I can get more for the money going R&D.
    All i have is two mods, the (water box mod & air intake) i took it to the local lake and i gps @ 64mph !

Thread Information