Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

pump wedge not so much!!!!!

did not see whatsoever a freakin 200 dollar difference in my ski by adding the pump wedge and vts rod very upset wish i would have saved for couple more weeks and got green wheel just had to vent sorry

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by soldierpage View Post
    did not see whatsoever a freakin 200 dollar difference in my ski by adding the pump wedge and vts rod very upset wish i would have saved for couple more weeks and got green wheel just had to vent sorry
    Your right..bad idea..I will just take it off your hands for $2.00. My buddy just added the pump wedge, riva grate and said he noticed a big difference this weekend? What were you expecting, if I may ask?

My wedge was under $100 new. Gave me 1mph top end on average. I like the ride too.

What don't you like about it and what were you expecting? Also your gains depend on setup. Faster skis tend to not benefit as much from a wedge.

I ordered my wedge from Riva (like 105.00?) and modified my old VTS rod. took about 20 minutes. (cut the rod about 2 inched from the part that has the screw going thru it. drill a small pilot hole in each end. use a 1/4 20 tap. install about a 3" 1/4 all steel rod. and adjust for about 1/4 extra lenght of rod. My 2005 RXT with stock prop and intake grate. is running
    67.4 on gps. (I have the ride plate hole filled, grate sealed (silicone) and
    a homemade 3" CAI. best before the pump wedge was 66.9mph. But I am putting on a RIVA intake grate tomorrow. and expect better gains since I am not hooking up to well with the stock grate with the new pump wedge.
    but will gps and post any changes. what type of intake grate are you running?

+1
    Install two of these and call me in the morning!

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=352

I think I know what your are experiencing...When I first added the wedge it was like a wild horse..then I added these and its been great ever since. The front of the ski sits up higher and the RE's make the ski stable as can be...

Banned User
    +1
    What were your trim settings? Even after you install the extension rod, you have to make sure your trim setting is right to reflect the proper reading on the gauge.....If not, your ski could be burying the nose too much...

Mine was worth it because it got the bow up on the GTX SC for cruising solo with a full tank. It kept lots of 60 degree Lake Erie water off of me in the spring... Ron

i could see that the front end stays up more and does get on plane faster but just really didnt see the difference i was expecting i added the wedge and prop for stage 1 at same time just didnt see the difference for the amount of money i spent like 180 for wedge and rod and 300 for prop maybe i will when i add the 42's greenwheel and xs intercooler? what ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by soldierpage View Post
    i could see that the front end stays up more and does get on plane faster but just really didnt see the difference i was expecting i added the wedge and prop for stage 1 at same time just didnt see the difference for the amount of money i spent like 180 for wedge and rod and 300 for prop maybe i will when i add the 42's greenwheel and xs intercooler? what ya think?
    Do your mods one at a time.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    soldierpage,

What you have done to the ski (and in what order) is a little confusing. Your signature says Riva Stage 1:

Did you buy the kit or piece it together?
    Have you installed the Power Filter?
    Did you install the prop, then the wedge?

If you post the rpm your ski WAS turning, then list the mods you've accomplished, then the rpm it is NOW turning, I bet we can help you iron this out.

Jeff
    Last edited by 05Limited; 08-06-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information