Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Water Spot Remover

Riding out in Lake Havasu during these scorching summer months has caused a lot of hard water spots to buildup on my ski. I've tried vinegar and water and Kaboom, but these don't totally remove them. Any recommendations on a good brand of water spot remover that won't damage the paint or chrome? Thanks.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ultra View Post
    Riding out in Lake Havasu during these scorching summer months has caused a lot of hard water spots to buildup on my ski. I've tried vinegar and water and Kaboom, but these don't totally remove them. Any recommendations on a good brand of water spot remover that won't damage the paint or chrome? Thanks.
    half water/half white distilled vinegar...and throw some murphy oil soap in for good measure......
    Will take them right out my lady....

+1
    I use a spray bottle with a 50/50 mix of CLR and water. Spray on and rinse off, Lime away works as well.

+1
    http://www.boatbling.net/bbFrameset-1.htm

The Boat Bling Hot Sauce is amazing stuff. It instantly removes water spots and leaves a shine like I've never seen.

I've been using Limeaway, mixed with a bit of vinegar...it seems to be working the best out of the things that I have used.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ultra View Post
    I live in Lake Havasu, and ride on the lake at least 4 times a week. I use 50% white vinegar-50% distilled water, the spots come off now problem. I follow with a wipe down of Pledge.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I live in Lake Havasu, and ride on the lake at least 4 times a week. I use 50% white vinegar-50% distilled water, the spots come off now problem. I follow with a wipe down of Pledge.
    pledge...? isnt that for wood ?

Banned User
    +1
    Yes, but it contains bee's wax, which is a good wax for your ski. It's not as good a carnuba wax, but its cheap, and its wax. It only last one ride, if that, but it helps keep the spot count down.

Red face

Thanks a lot for the comments and advice. I'm a little leery in using CLR or Limeaway as it seems too harsh and may strip the paint. I leave my skis in Havasu with a cover and sometimes I don't have the time to wipe it down after a ride. I usually just rinse it with some soap and water and cover it. This upcoming weekend I plan to detail it and may try the CLR or Limeaway keeping my fingers crossed that it won't ruin the paint. Thanks again. . . and I will post pics soon after next week's trip to the rivaaaaa! I can't get enought of it.
    Last edited by Miss Ultra; 08-18-2008 at 01:12 AM.

Went to the river last Friday and I ended up using Limeaway + diluted vinegar mix in spray bottle. It removed most of the stubborn water spots, but not completely. I'll be back for the long holiday weekend and will try the same but this time with some Pledge and follow with Nu Finish wax.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information