Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User

My Next Set of Mods

Just trying to get some opinions on my next set of mods... where i should go next and/or if these future mods will be good.

Im looking at getting:

My head milled or an aftermarket high compression head (would like to do this alongside the other mods so i would like it asap w/ little down time).

A Solas Impeller 14/20 (earl has one for me, carl is working on it)(I am also topping out at about 58mph so i know my impeller is shot)

Jetworks holeshot kit (The waterbox one).

PV WaveEater Clips.

New Steering Nozzle cone to replace bad plastic one.

**Thats all i can think of at this time, what is in my sig is what i currently have**

Comments on this next build are appreciated, and further suggestions are always welcomed! Thanks guys.

a tach to check ur rpms to make sure u can spin that 14/20.!
    jims FF rideplate upgrade!!!
    58mph? how many hours on ur ski ? might want to check your wear ring as well..

Banned User
    190 hours baby!

The impeller is still stock... I got this with 160hours and have had it for three years... the guy before me had it serviced and kept at the marina the whole time he had it. The only thing that they did aftermarket was a primer kit. If i went and got a new impeller i would get a wear ring or a whole new housing? How much gap is suppose to be between the impeller and the wear ring?

ski

Gap i know nothing about. lol find INKADDICT on here, he will know and im sure tonsss of other people will know... but yea u def need to get urself a new impeller.. how are you PV's? gotta check your RPMs. Buddy has your same ski with 80 hours and his PV's cost him Dearly all gunked up and gross. hows your compression on your cylinderS? .. just trash your motor and get a 1300 BB in there !! thats my final opinion. !!

NEXT MODS TO DO:

1. Head
    2. 05' pump and new wear ring
    3. Solas dynafly 14/20

Banned User
    Well my rpms are 7,000+ at full speed. What should i look for on my PV's to see if there good... my mid to high range rpms and response is fine so im sure my PV's are also.

Banned User
    When i checked my compressoin last year is was like 121 which is very close to stock with all my hours on it.

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    NEXT MODS TO DO:

1. Head
    2. 05' pump and new wear ring
    3. Solas dynafly 14/20

I completely agree

Banned User
    ISLAND RACING
    HIGH OUTPUT PUMP CONVERSION KIT
    $579.95

Our kit now contains a better than OEM front bearing for even greater performance. You can also UPGRADE to our SEVERE DUTY PUMP BEARING KIT.
    Update your 00-02 pump to "better than" 05-08 specs. Expect HUGH gains in acceleration, rough water hookup, and TOP SPEED! Our Pump Conversion Kit is supplied with a Solas YG-DF 14/20 impeller and all the necessary components. Take advantage of our Impeller Shop services for an even greater performance gain. Bearings, spacer, and seals are installed and included in price of kit.

thats what i want?

Wait for someone else to chime in.. My buddy just ordered that yesterday i believe.. same ski as yours. less hours though. i don't see any reason why not to order that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information