Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    650 to 750 Conversion.

    I've got a 93 SL650 that runs. I've got a 95 SL750 that doesn't run. What would it take to convert the 650 to the 750? Can I just pull the jugs, heads and pistons and throw them on the 650?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Clay NY
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by CalledFollower View Post
    I've got a 93 SL650 that runs. I've got a 95 SL750 that doesn't run. What would it take to convert the 650 to the 750? Can I just pull the jugs, heads and pistons and throw them on the 650?
    I believe you only have to change the cdi everything else is the same
    jugs,pistons and heads are all the same

  3. #3
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids,Iowa
    Posts
    6,381
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by jmule98 View Post
    I believe you only have to change the cdi everything else is the same
    jugs,pistons and heads are all the same
    The jugs,pistons and heads will bolt right on,The bore size is what is different between the 2 in that area.
    Do a search under the name Xlint,he did a 650 to 750 conversion as did a few others.

  4. #4
    I assumed they were "plug and play" What about the CDI? Can I use the one from the 650, or does it have to be one from the 750?

  5. #5
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids,Iowa
    Posts
    6,381
    +1
    23
    As long as your leaving the 650 CDI and Stator,I beleve you are good. Some of the guys that have played with the 650 will chime in.

  6. #6
    DO NOT FORGET TO CHANGE the CARB JETTING and make sure you use the 750 pipe. Also change the pump and impellor as it was better in the 95

    You can use the stator and CDI from the 93 650. Just do a plug chop and make sure the jetting is not off, as the timing is different between the 2 years

    Also USE BPR8ES Plugs!!

  7. #7
    Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder City, NV
    Posts
    3,364
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by prochamp View Post
    DO NOT FORGET TO CHANGE the CARB JETTING and make sure you use the 750 pipe. Also change the pump and impellor as it was better in the 95

    You can use the stator and CDI from the 93 650. Just do a plug chop and make sure the jetting is not off, as the timing is different between the 2 years

    Also USE BPR8ES Plugs!!
    Why swap the pipe? I've read about ppl using the short dry pipe from 650's on 750's and is said to be an upgrade for performance for the 750?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by starflight View Post
    Why swap the pipe? I've read about ppl using the short dry pipe from 650's on 750's and is said to be an upgrade for performance for the 750?

    The 93 SL 650 DOES NOT HAVE THE SHORT PIPE AND UNLESS HE WANTS TO MESS AROUND WITH THE CHANGES, ITS EASIER TO JUST USE THE RIGHT PIPE

    Also the cooling is routed different on the 95 pipe and motor and the 95 cooling worked better
    Last edited by prochamp; 08-06-2008 at 02:58 PM.

  9. #9
    Oh? Im using a 93 650 pipe on my 95 750 Jugs and heads... And with the thermostat in that worked fine when it was a poorly running 650, the front 2 cyls run really hot. I pulled the thermo and it runs cool now. I might restrict it a bit to bring the temps up.

    But then again, i am having massive problems.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOMGVTEK View Post
    Oh? Im using a 93 650 pipe on my 95 750 Jugs and heads... And with the thermostat in that worked fine when it was a poorly running 650, the front 2 cyls run really hot. I pulled the thermo and it runs cool now. I might restrict it a bit to bring the temps up.

    But then again, i am having massive problems.
    go to the Polaris Factory Service manual and look under engine/cooling you will see the difference in water routing from a 93 650 pg 336 and the 95 750 pg 337. Most likely why you had some issues

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 650 to 750
    By superdave in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 02:46 PM
  2. Project 650 to 750 swap
    By cadillacroller2 in forum Polaris Projects
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 04:24 PM
  3. '94 650 to 750 swap-clarification CDI ops
    By frobate in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. Info on 650 to 750 swap X2
    By twinturbostang in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 09:06 AM
  5. 650 to 750 swap
    By cadillacroller2 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 11:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •