Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

93 Polaris SL750 HELP!!!!!!!!

I just bought this jet ski and the guy that I purchased it from told me that it ran ok, but he felt it needed the carb's cleaned. He posted a video of him riding it (the video was taken just the weekend previous to me buying it), so I thought he was being honest with me.....Well after getting it home and buffing it out (because it was really sun faded) we took it out to test it on the water. It was fine at idle, but it wouldn't come up out of the water at all. We brought it back to shore and took the seat off and it was running extremely hot (couldn't even touch the heads). We loaded it up and took it home. At that time we did a compression test and each cylinder was only reading 90 psi. Later that night the carb's were cleaned and another compression test was done, still reading the same as earlier. The next day we took the pistons out and on 2 of the pistons holes were starting. We also found a small blue object that had a clear line attached to it that was leading to below one of the carb's but there was 2 other openings on the object that hadn't been blocked or plugged.

I have spoke to a few guys on here and they have agreed that it's a fuel problem. I just have had bad luck w/ jet ski's this year and if I spend the money on the pistons and rings and then a new fuel pump (as I was told to get) I just hope it takes care of the problem. I had originally bought a 1994 Mastercraft Wetjet Duo 200 and it needed a few parts that I had a horrible time finding, so I was able to sell it and then ended up with this Polaris.....

The picture I have included on this post is of this blue object (it's sitting on the dark gray rag) that has a clear line connected to it.......We weren't really sure what this is and the guys I have spoke to said to get rid of it....What do we do w/ the line that it's connected to if we get rid of it??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

OK heres what happens and what you need to do to insure a longer life with the 750
    1. Get the triple outlet fuel pump as the stock pump loses its effiency and pressure and will not allow proper fuel pressure to insure against detonation
    2. Get rid of the auto cock valve period
    3. Make sure to only use NGK BPR8ES plugs or equilavent
    4. Check the engine timing and make sure that it is in the factory setting
    5. Before just changing pistons, measure the bore size,and make sure its within spec. If not then bore the cylinders and insure that the clearances are as needed. Also check crank index,while the engine is out of pwc
    6 Pressure check the engine for air leaks befoer reinstalling back in the pwc
    7. Make sure that all the fuel lines are in good shape or replaced including the ones going into the tank
    8 Recheck the carbs for proper low speed and high speed settings and make sure the small inlet filters in the carbs themselves are clean or replaced
    9 All of this info is here or in the Polaris manual. If you need help,it will be offered here on the site
    10 Good luck Its not that hard to do at all

I just like to get as much information as possible...So I want to just say a thank you to all in advance

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by prochamp View Post
    OK heres what happens and what you need to do to insure a longer life with the 750
    1. Get the triple outlet fuel pump as the stock pump loses its effiency and pressure and will not allow proper fuel pressure to insure against detonation
    2. Get rid of the auto cock valve period
    3. Make sure to only use NGK BPR8ES plugs or equilavent
    4. Check the engine timing and make sure that it is in the factory setting
    5. Before just changing pistons, measure the bore size,and make sure its within spec. If not then bore the cylinders and insure that the clearances are as needed. Also check crank index,while the engine is out of pwc
    6 Pressure check the engine for air leaks befoer reinstalling back in the pwc
    7. Make sure that all the fuel lines are in good shape or replaced including the ones going into the tank
    8 Recheck the carbs for proper low speed and high speed settings and make sure the small inlet filters in the carbs themselves are clean or replaced
    9 All of this info is here or in the Polaris manual. If you need help,it will be offered here on the site
    10 Good luck Its not that hard to do at all
    ^^^^^^^^^^ +1
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM
    download a manual here http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38870
    and try do get some better pics(bigger) of the ski parts
    THATS THE OLD STYLE AUTO-COCK ------no joke thats what its called
    have fun and enjoy
    mattman

+1

She needs Michigan help!!!

Fellas,
    She is in Michigan (dont know where exactly). I was one of those "guys" she spoke with. I offered my help but at the current gas prices and being in Dallas, cant happen. Is there anyone up in her neck of the woods that can maybe get up there and take a look? She wanted some of my SLT750 parts but I wouldn't sell them as a bandaid. I pretty much offered her the same advice as ProChamp, except crank indexing. Hang in there and be patient, we'll get ya some help!

Ph20Craft, any contacts in the "Blueberry" state!!

I just wanted to thank all of you that are willing to give me any information about these issues I am having with my jet ski....

I just wanna go enjoy the damn thing!!!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

Arrow Any Green Hulk members near Flint, MI?

Quote Originally Posted by TXLEARMECH View Post
    ...She is in Michigan (dont know where exactly).
    Flint, MI area, going by the ZIP code.

+1
    I have a post out in the "local Rides" section. Lets see what happens. For the mean time, I would get those cylinders out to someone that can spec them out and see if you need a bore job and oversize pistons. Again Group K in Arizona is pretty reputable, but I am sure there are others. At least you can get this process in the works, and possibly the fuel pump kit on order. Be better to have all the parts ready. If we cant find anyone I am sure we can walk you through it. Can anyone clarify if she does end up needing oversize pistons, will the cases need to be modified for skirt clearance??
    Last edited by TXLEARMECH; 08-06-2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling

+1
    The cases do not need to be modified. If you need matching cylinders and pistons contact john zigler he has lots of used good condition inspected parts. Just let us know what you need most of us have spares. John also sells the fuel pump new among other things.

+1
    Beer,
    Thanks Beer. In your opinion what is more cost effective in terms of reliability. Bore with new pistons/rings, or new "used" cylinder assemblies?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information