Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you help me wit my rave valves??????

I posted before about this but now I have pictures I can't stad to see oil coming out ware it should'nt be. I'm not sure what I can do to stop this but if someone can explain it to me I'm pretty good with engines. I'm not sure either if this is harming my engine running it like this take a look and tell me what you think. The motor is coming apart this winter so I just want to get through the summer thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powder coat 027.jpg 
Views:	620 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	87304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powder coat 029.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	87305  

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    what is that in pic #2? that definitly needs replaced! it should look like the other one. you also dont have the updated bellows(the orange rubber thing) they should be green. I would pull the raves and inspect them thouroughly. then order replacement parts and gaskets. new springs, bellows, seals, that black cap that screws into the rave and new springs that go under the top cover caps.

Banned User
    +1
    New rubber rings on the valves, top and bottom...new bellews and springs...and a different plastic top for both (one white and one black, not good)....basically new everything (including base gaskets) except for the housing, valve, and top black cap...

+1
    the rave caps are different but it isn't all that critical. the new style is the beige one, the old style is the black. the updated bellows is the green one. before spending any money, try tightening the spring on the leaky rave. unscrew the spring, cut it 1/4" and put it back together. you should also replace the o-rings under the housings. once they get hard they tend to leak.

I'm not to sure what you mean by unscrewing the spring The spring is losse it is not attached to anything do you mean the red screw on top of the rave valve cover? The one that is leaking the worst has a spring and the black one don't have a spring at all I was going to order one but I want to get all the parts I need at once. I have a service manual that tells you how the red screw should be set should I go tighter than that you think that spring is weak? Freaking all the parts for pwc cost so much I can't belive it it's going to be allmost 200 to replace everything crazy!!!!

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashelgren View Post
    I'm not to sure what you mean by unscrewing the spring The spring is losse it is not attached to anything do you mean the red screw on top of the rave valve cover? The one that is leaking the worst has a spring and the black one don't have a spring at all I was going to order one but I want to get all the parts I need at once. I have a service manual that tells you how the red screw should be set should I go tighter than that you think that spring is weak? Freaking all the parts for pwc cost so much I can't belive it it's going to be allmost 200 to replace everything crazy!!!!
    The spring that goes around the bellow unscrews, and you can clip the big end and tie back together. This increases tension, and will stop the leaking. You need to completely clean them too. You need springs on both!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ashelgren View Post
    you only need the one missing spring (that goes above the rave and under the cap), and tighten the other spring around the bellows. buy a couple of o-rings and gaskets and the cost should be less than $30. the cleaning is cheap labour

you don't need to replace the bellows and black rave cap unless they are damaged (very unlikely).

Ok I think I got it you guys are talking about the spring around the rave valve not the one that comes out when you take the cap off. I will give it a shot , I am cleaning them already I just want you guys to see the mess it made is their any chance this can harm the motor? I will have to order the parts I live in bum-f%#k so dealers are to far for me but I want to go riding this weekend!!!

Nice break down pictures thanks I'm on it!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information