Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Earth

Google Earth

Have any of you checked this thing out yet?............it's available for free in beta version at http://earth.google.com/ .I have been playing around with it quite a bit.You can operate it manually,or automatically.I even typed in my old home addresses from my childhood in Alabama and Florida,and it took me right to them.You can also view major cities in 3D.It does all kinda stuff,way too many options to mention. I am fascinated by stuff like this myself.

Maybe I need to elaborate a little here.GoogleEarth is a software program that uses aerial photography via your (preferably high-speed) internet connection to give you access to practically the entire planet.The program opens to a view of the planet from approx.3900 miles out in space,and you can fly in and around the planet all the way to ground level and see pretty much anything,anywhere.There is a lot more to it,but thats it in a nutshell..............maybe I'm just a geek,but I think it's pretty damn cool.You can follow roads,waterways,etc. as well.Search maually,or automatically by typing in city names,street addresses,latitude/longitude,etc.

+1
    Yeah I heard about it on this show called Attack of the show on G4TV a couple of night ago and I think its a awesome program. Man, the world is becoming smaller.

Thats awesome, thanks Bert!

I've been using google news for the homepage but havent come across the earth.

I have used this program for years. Google bought it from nvidia. It is a great program for checking out lakes and rivers in detail. I use it to check out new areas to ride. The detail is amazing

To downlaod, Go tho the Google home page and look under "more"

+1
    Download of the free google earth is unavailable and has been all day...how much you want to bet that this is just their way to get you to spring for the paid download, google earth plus?

I couldn't DL it yesterday, then I tried later at home and I got it, now I cant get it again. I think you just haev to keep checking and be lucky enough to get it.

Hmmm how did you guys get it to work? I downloaded it and when I run it all I seem to get is a background that looks like space. I type an address in and all I get is a green screen.

+1
    How big is the file when you download it becuase I'm using GetRight to download it, but it wont show how big the file is and it said I couldnt resume it if I got disconnected.

I got it working. I had to change mcafee from reject cookies from google to accept and it started working. Kenshin89, this was one of the few times that I did not save the downloaded program to my harddrive and instead I ran it from its location. I can tell you though that the program folder is about 20mb's. So it should be a pretty good sized folder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information