1995 yamaha 700 waverunner 3 GP not running right

I have 2 yamaha waverunner 3 gp 700cc watercrafts and both have brand new carbs. The one runs perfect just the other one will run for 45 mins flawless on a full tank then will not go full throttle. Then it will bog out w/ ne more than 1/4 throttle.

I've taken it out twice and both times it looks like the gass is at the same lvl when the problems occur. The cap to the gas tank on the one that wont work right has been taken off to clean the tank. The carbs were preajusted but we checked the ajustmens and they are correct. Ne suggestions on what to do??

And I tried it again today w/ a full tank and it did it right away. If ne 1 has ne sugestions pls let me know

Orange, TX
    The fuel pickup may be clogged from a piece of the rag or whatever you used to clean out the tank. Another thing to check would be the vent on top of the tank. It has a check valve that may be stuck.

Just for future reference, please post in the Yamaha old school section of the forum.

And b4 it broke we had the original carb on there so we put the new 1 on after it did it the first time it ran for about the same time then it started doin it.

Still the problem??

im gonna try it today

This is going to hurt!! DANGER1049's Avatar
    Let us know what you come up with, I have a 95 gp 3 also but it is in mint shape a old guy owned it and took it out once every 2 years or something then parked it in the garage. I'am about to paint it for my wife shes mad everybody else has custom painted skis and she doesnt. good luck later. give us a update

yeah it was the feul filter in the car was cloged b/c the gas tank was dirty

Thread Information