Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Could something in my motor be binding?

Ok, so if you don't know already I have been through 1000 different things on this 2 stroke gsx. ITs a 800 motor. Now the most recent is I have tied it to my trailer and let it run in the water while I have hit every electric connector possible in it and it stays running..It also stays running on the trailer...As soon as you run some rpms for a minute it shuts off and acts like the battery is dead. At first I thought it was electrical, but now I am starting to think there is something binding up in my motor causing it sieze up. Could this happen? Also if you want to take this ski off my hands it is in the classifieds and I will take 2k!!! I have that just in plastic, rub rails and sponsons! PLEASE HELP or suggest someone in the Ohio area to take this pos to! I am sick of it and want it gone!

+1
    Here is my original thread to keep from answering the same questions..

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59896

+1
    Is it really that bad that this has never happened to anybody..lol..I am screwed..

Master of the Dooniverse
    "acts like the battery is dead". when it does that what is the actual voltage?

i would try a loaner gray box.....sounds like it could be the CDI. is this a 96 by chance?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wayniac View Post
    "acts like the battery is dead". when it does that what is the actual voltage?

i would try a loaner gray box.....sounds like it could be the CDI. is this a 96 by chance?
    First when it stops..it takes a couple hits of the start button to get it to turn over again..before that it will act like a dead battery and not turn over the starter. When it does start turning it turns over with vegence..SO I don't think it is the battery and have not checked the voltage when it does this.

I beat the snot out of the CDI with a screw driver when it was idiling in the water and it didn't so much as even sputter..I don't really know anyone else with a "loaner" that I can use. Yes, its a 96.

Master of the Dooniverse
    I have 4 of those boxes i'd let you test if you were close by.

One of the failure modes for the CDI is running like it's on one cylinder after the box gets hot. another is no spark. usually the no spark manifests itself even when the ski is first being cranked....yours may be on it's way out. the cdi electronics suck IMO. the full cake from the 97+SPX and 800 GTX is alot better. they never fail...or alot less frequently than the others.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wayniac View Post
    I have 4 of those boxes i'd let you test if you were close by.

One of the failure modes for the CDI is running like it's on one cylinder after the box gets hot. another is no spark. usually the no spark manifests itself even when the ski is first being cranked....yours may be on it's way out. the cdi electronics suck IMO. the full cake from the 97+SPX and 800 GTX is alot better. they never fail...or alot less frequently than the others.
    Unfortunatly I am not close by..After the ski shuts off it usually will not start again, but lets off a series of backfires when trying to start..I let the ski run for like a half an hour and it didn't shut off it just did it when I got into some rpms for more then 5 minutes..I don't even mean serious rpms either but more like 3k..This ski is a pain in the ass..It use to be so reliable and never had problems...Now I have the motor rebuilt and its junk..

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Just take it to my dad's he lives in Macedonia. I'll let you know what's up when it gets to GA...

Pull your plugs when it dies...they will tell you what's going on. Shoot us pics for evaluation...

RQ

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    Just take it to my dad's he lives in Macedonia. I'll let you know what's up when it gets to GA...

Pull your plugs when it dies...they will tell you what's going on. Shoot us pics for evaluation...

RQ
    I did..they are dry as can be...or you talking about color? They foul out a lot because they put mixed in my tank and I don't think its all out of there yet..

You talking Macedonia,Ohio? I would take there and you could have in GA, as long as you wanted it, as long as it ran fine when I got it back!

+1
    haha sorry about my broken english tonight...pain killers..for my shoulder..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information