Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: GPS on RXT-X

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Stratford,Ct
    Posts
    960

    GPS on RXT-X

    Has anyone used the GTX limited GPS setup on th RXTX?
    If i order the cover wil it replace mine?
    and can the GPS be ordered aftermarket?

    If not how are guys doing this?
    Pics are appreciated


  2. #2
    Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    2,677
    +1
    4
    Yes, you can order the cover and inner liner (though a little dremel action on the current liner will suffice) and then buy any Garmin 76 series GPS and it will all fit.
    Last edited by 05Limited; 08-06-2008 at 11:24 PM.

  3. #3
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2
    If you get just the cover you will have to cut out a piece of the bottom box for the lid to close. Better to get the complete assembly as the lid only option does not come with the latch either. All the Garmin 76 models will fit. I did a thread on this but I'm sure it is buried deeeeep. Will try to find it.

  4. #4
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2
    Here you go, I found it. Circled in red where you would have to cut the piece out. Also including a photo of the GPS lid.

    The first pick is of stock lid and box. THe second pic is of GPS lid with modified stock box.

    On a side note it is cool to go way back and read the mods you were working on, the simple questions you were asking and the speeds you were posting. I was happy to be at 66 mph on the couch. There were only a hand full of us working on speeding up the couches back then, Kinchyle, Shibbs, Shrrr, Geo and myself plus a couple of others. I don't think anyone but a couple had broke 70 yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake filter 1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	87473   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake1 (2).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	87474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake1 (1).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	737.7 KB 
ID:	87475  
    Last edited by NCHeel; 08-07-2008 at 06:19 AM.

  5. #5
    State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wellington, Florida
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Here you go, I found it. Circled in red where you would have to cut the piece out. Also including a photo of the GPS lid.

    The first pick is of stock lid and box. THe second pic is of GPS lid with modified stock box.

    On a side note it is cool to go way back and read the mods you were working on, the simple questions you were asking and the speeds you were posting. I was happy to be at 66 mph on the couch. There were only a hand full of us working on speeding up the couches back then, Kinchyle, Shibbs, Shrrr, Geo and myself plus a couple of others. I don't think anyone but a couple had broke 70 yet.

    LOL - sorry man, what did you use to cut that thing?? Your TEETH??? A nearby ROCK????

    Just hackin' on ya. No offense...just got a chuckle out of the picture.

  6. #6
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderSammy View Post
    LOL - sorry man, what did you use to cut that thing?? Your TEETH??? A nearby ROCK????

    Just hackin' on ya. No offense...just got a chuckle out of the picture.
    A side cutting drill bit. The first time I do anything it is quick and Rough. If it shows promise I go back and make it look pretty. Nothing worse than spending a couple of hours on something to find out it doesn't work. Prototypes should be ugly. Should have seen my first fresh air intake through glove box and the finished product.

  7. #7
    wickedpony2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia beach
    Posts
    176
    I got my GPS box here, was 45.00 (this will fix GTX and RXT (even my RXT-X) can swap my gps between my ski. push a small tab down and the WHOLE box comes out as a whole unit. 10 seconds to swap out.

    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/browsepr...mpartment.html

  8. #8
    Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    2,677
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    ... There were only a hand full of us working on speeding up the couches back then, Kinchyle, Shibbs, Shrrr, Geo and myself plus a couple of others. I don't think anyone but a couple had broke 70 yet.
    Rodney, I remember those days:

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5338

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5670

    BTW... I love your new avatar. I need to get over to Panama and check out your place

  9. #9
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited View Post
    Rodney, I remember those days:

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5338

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5670

    BTW... I love your new avatar. I need to get over to Panama and check out your place
    I forgot about yours (due to your extended down time) and Red Devils work. Way back in the day.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Any Limiters or Governors on RXT/RXP
    By WAMason in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 05:18 PM
  2. Best place to mount transducer on RXT??
    By Tropictrash in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 11:29 AM
  3. Depth Finder on RXT
    By Sutto in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 04:46 PM
  4. Anyone have sponsons on RXT?
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 12:26 AM
  5. update on rxt 8000rpm and going slow fixed
    By scooter37x in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •