please help main harness issues

Hi, I recently purchased a 05 rxp on ebay. When I got the ski it was running bad, 40 mph 5400 rpm. I thought the SC was gone but it's perfectly fine. I started to look at the wiring that leads to the computer (thinkk its called epcm but not sure first ski I've owned). I noticed that the plastic PVC tubing around the wires was cut off and 4 wires had been snipped at the female attachment. Both the blue and green wires were snipped on both sides. The blue coming from the engine on the left was reattched to the blue coming from the engine on the right and samething with the green. This left the bleu and green on female on the leftf female attachment attached to nothing as well with the blue and green on right attachment. I have since stripped all the wires to prepare reattchment to the wires that were just hanging there. Is it safe to assume that that these can be reattached without shorting the cpu?
    Could these be the cause of the ski running bad? Does anyone know what the green and blue wires control? I tried contacting person I bought ski from he's in China for Olympics go figure. Sorry for long post, I can upload pictures if needed. TY

Get in touch with Shibby. Maybe he could help you out

I'm sure pictures would help. My guess that the wires are for the knock sensor, but wait for the experts to chime in. And, guess who paid for his trip to the Olympics... Ron

Is that an XT500 in your picture?

I can send you the wiring diagram if you give me your email addy, can you take a picture? is the wire BLUE with a GREEN stripe? trying to look at the diagram of the 2005 RXP but not 100% sure of where and the color wire I am looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clarke View Post
    Is that an XT500 in your picture?
    Tom, it's a '76 TT500 with the original clutch. I just wish I had bought the XT500 so I could use it on the street. I just cleaned it up after 10 years of sitting. It fires on the first kick with the choke on. And I still have to use the compression release. And, I have 2 tanks for it... Ron

the ONLY solid blue wire I could find on the wiring diagram goes from the ECM A6 (blue wire) to the OPS (oil pressure switch) which states it's NORMALLY OPEN.

the BLUE wire (OPS sensor) is suppose to be infinity when the engine is OFF (no resistance reading, or OPEN) but when oil pressure is 26-32psi then its closes (or 0 ohms, or SHORTED)

I just finished looking at shop manual. The blue white and green white on left go to vts motor and on the right they go to vts switch. Could this be the reason why I am going so slow? Does vts have anything to do with speed?

The VTS determines the running angle of the ski, like power trim does on an outboard or I/O drive. So, if the angle is set too low, you will loose speed... Ron

it will not cause the ski to run at low rpms.. or miss...or run rough. seems like you have other issues.. I would take the plugs out and look at them (see if all 3 look the same color and all) and do a compression check while you are in there. you should be running a lot higher rpm and Speed! having VTS all the way down and I am only losing about 3-4 mph. in the middle I make the best speed.. then lose about 1-2 if she is trim all the way up. good luck!

Thread Information