+1

Bad day on the 3D - Help

Today was the maiden voyage on my new 3D. Not a good run. Engine ran rough at idle, but fine after that UNTIL:The warning light and buzzer went off. I opened the hood and there was water in the hull, but well below the engine or intake. Total run time was less than 5 minutes. In the middle of the lake wondering what is going on is no fun. Towed it in at a crawl. Found the water inlet hose to the head came off. That's where the water came from. Killed it immediately at buzzer. Didn't seem to get too hot before I killed it. Checked all hoses for tight and test rolled it on the trailer with plugs grounded. Good blow and rolled easy. Ran it dry for a minute. Ran fine but a little rough at idle. Took it to the dock again and ran it at idle for 10 mins. Then opened it up on the lake and it ran perfect for 30-45 mins. Then I noticed a red solid info light with no buzzer. Imediately went to dock and killed. I don't even have a book with us at the lake (vacation). I am wondering if it has an overheat code stored. Not sure if battery disconnect would reset. I don't want to take any chances because I know the engine is OK. Any advice on what to do next?

+1
    can someone tell me what causes the trouble light to light up?

+1
    low oil is the most likely thing, but could be a 12V low (not familiar with the infocenter on those skiis). the ski will not store an overheat code. good job killing the engine when you did. if you ran it for 45min afterwards, the ski should be fine.

Master of the Dooniverse
    i'm sure it's fine, the light is probably some low fluid or battery as JayZ said.

+1
    Thanks for the replys fellas. I think it is OK as well. I am going to ride the GTX and leave it parked until I get home. I can charge the batt and make sure it is good to go. Too bad, that 45 minute ride was a blast. I didn't have any problem with the 787 RFI at all. What a fun little sport ski!

Master of the Dooniverse
    real fun ski for sure. you got the cart seat? aweseom if you have access to flat water.

+1
    Yep. I have the kart seat. It was a blast. I thought the standup mode was fun too. Easy to balance. I really wanted to ride some more today. Damit. I thought the 787 had plenty of power. That was one thing I was a little worried about. Moved my 210 arse around fine. Hopefully I will be back on the water soon!

Master of the Dooniverse
    i had fun with mine and i weigh 225. fun machine

+1
    From what I can see at this point, the solid warning light means that the ECM has a problem. I guess I am screwed into taking it to a dealer, unless you guys have a better idea.

Thread Information