Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    rxp_boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    251

    Angry How I am going to do to keep the RXP planted into the sea in open waters !!!!!!

    Guys

    I am fed up of my RXP jumping like hell in the water , I am in the mediteranean open sea and we hardly see calm waters, the RXP is not stable at all in these conditions.

    I have Riva Intake Grate, still opas on and Stock sponsons, I love OPAS for CC Racing , tried RIVA sponsons and RXP JUMPED EVEN MOREEE

    Is there any handling solutions I can do ???? I wish to keep the ass of this RXP planted into the water

    Not mentioning also the nasty wet rides all time, but I can live with that as long as I can keep this thing stuck to the water !!

    Anyone can help me

    Thanks


  2. #2
    jarrod_bridges2000
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp_boy View Post
    Guys

    I am fed up of my RXP jumping like hell in the water , I am in the mediteranean open sea and we hardly see calm waters, the RXP is not stable at all in these conditions.

    I have Riva Intake Grate, still opas on and Stock sponsons, I love OPAS for CC Racing , tried RIVA sponsons and RXP JUMPED EVEN MOREEE

    Is there any handling solutions I can do ???? I wish to keep the ass of this RXP planted into the water

    Not mentioning also the nasty wet rides all time, but I can live with that as long as I can keep this thing stuck to the water !!

    Anyone can help me

    Thanks
    The rxp is a musclecraft man it aint made for rough water! But i know that the gp1200s had a problem like this its called propoising and what they did was shim the ride plate with 2 or 3 washers on the bolts which kept the ridelpate more in the water which is like a super bow down trim....Hope this helps,
    Jarrod

  3. #3
    Dave Sharp dav_dman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    louisville Ky/so. IN
    Posts
    1,453
    +1
    1
    worx grate. Jerrys skegs. shim plate. skat 3 blade prop. Just some thoughts

  4. #4
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    To be honest....for the type of riding ur doing.....ur prolly better off with a 3 seater platform....go to this website....
    http://www.pwcoffshore.com/PWC_Buying_Guide.html

    its a treasure chest of good information about riding a PWC offSHOre.......good luck

    Get the intake grate and use that trim...

  5. #5
    jarrod_bridges2000
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    To be honest....for the type of riding ur doing.....ur prolly better off with a 3 seater platform....go to this website....
    http://www.pwcoffshore.com/PWC_Buying_Guide.html

    its a treasure chest of good information about riding a PWC offSHOre.......good luck

    Get the intake grate and use that trim...
    Do i hear an sho for offshore riding?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    247
    +1
    3
    to be honest...I know what ur talkin about wit the bike not wanted to stay hooked up...I ride in alot of nasty waters...I dont ride threw the bay much here in Long Island cause theres too many retards and police break chops. My cousins pulls his hiar out cause his new X he says there no comfortable position...I found a sweet spot in my bike wit my trim and seating position. I have no major mods and in ugly water I tend to sit a lil further back on the seat and I keep the trim 2 notches bellow all the way up and from there is all about throttling...I rode last weekend with 4 boats n I made a trip from nassau county on the border of far rockaway all the way to fire island. The boats where (2) 24 superboats, 21 superboat, 24 aquasport walk round. I killed the 21 superboat and aqua sports and I hung right there with my brother n his friend in there (2) 24 superboats...When we got there they were like I cant believe how u road that thing and kept up wit us at a steady 55mph in that water....I been riding my machine for 3 yrs now and Ill be honest...it took me a long time to get use to cause I had yamaha gp's b4 this and a 94 & 95 seadoo xp's. Even goin to the new X machine is soo much different to ride then my 06. I rode my cousins machine for about an hour in some 2-3 ft chop and I really didnt like it. I liked the down low punch I didnt like that I couldnt keep the bike hooked up. I have to agree I think for real nasty water ur probably better off wit a 3 seater.

  7. #7
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by ModularJunk View Post
    to be honest...I know what ur talkin about wit the bike not wanted to stay hooked up...I ride in alot of nasty waters...I dont ride threw the bay much here in Long Island cause theres too many retards and police break chops. My cousins pulls his hiar out cause his new X he says there no comfortable position...I found a sweet spot in my bike wit my trim and seating position. I have no major mods and in ugly water I tend to sit a lil further back on the seat and I keep the trim 2 notches bellow all the way up and from there is all about throttling...I rode last weekend with 4 boats n I made a trip from nassau county on the border of far rockaway all the way to fire island. The boats where (2) 24 superboats, 21 superboat, 24 aquasport walk round. I killed the 21 superboat and aqua sports and I hung right there with my brother n his friend in there (2) 24 superboats...When we got there they were like I cant believe how u road that thing and kept up wit us at a steady 55mph in that water....I been riding my machine for 3 yrs now and Ill be honest...it took me a long time to get use to cause I had yamaha gp's b4 this and a 94 & 95 seadoo xp's. Even goin to the new X machine is soo much different to ride then my 06. I rode my cousins machine for about an hour in some 2-3 ft chop and I really didnt like it. I liked the down low punch I didnt like that I couldnt keep the bike hooked up. I have to agree I think for real nasty water ur probably better off wit a 3 seater.
    excellent narrative...u sound like a Steve Friebe Jr.......guy that i ride with is an ex-racer....he can haul ass too in the chop with his RXP....it can be done but rare ............to find a rider good enuf and conditioned enuf to do it

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    euxton nr chorley lancashire, england
    Posts
    1,500
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp_boy View Post
    Guys

    I am fed up of my RXP jumping like hell in the water , I am in the mediteranean open sea and we hardly see calm waters, the RXP is not stable at all in these conditions.

    I have Riva Intake Grate, still opas on and Stock sponsons, I love OPAS for CC Racing , tried RIVA sponsons and RXP JUMPED EVEN MOREEE

    Is there any handling solutions I can do ???? I wish to keep the ass of this RXP planted into the water

    Not mentioning also the nasty wet rides all time, but I can live with that as long as I can keep this thing stuck to the water !!

    Anyone can help me

    Thanks
    a works grate and a splash guard would be very benafical

  9. #9
    gtxscrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    miami,fl
    Posts
    897
    I would do the worx grate , scat track 3 blade prop , race enginering block offs , and some skegs.

    All this together should give you way more hookup but will cost you topend. If your tight on cash i would do the worx grate and skegs first that probably helps the most.

  10. #10
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,597
    +1
    4,800
    ModularJunk, head on over to Malta and give rxp_boy some riding lessons...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. If I am going to hone for new rings what type of hone do I need ?
    By chevydog in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 09:21 AM
  2. I think I am going to pull the trigger on a 2011 RXT-X
    By boataddict in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 03:47 PM
  3. Please help I am going to go nuts
    By race24x in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 02:15 PM
  4. What Is Going To Replace The Gpr In 2008
    By ebarfool in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 01:07 PM
  5. How many are going to Nashville??
    By 1 FAST VE in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 08:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •