Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the Max RPM, Boost and Speed for 04 MSX 110

What's up guys. New PWC owner with a few questions? I have a 04 MSX 110 I just purchased last Sat. w/ 140 Hours. I took it out today for the first time and it seams to be a DOG! Factory boost gauge in cluster only reads about 1/2 way and it tops out @ 5900 to 6000 RPM's and about 60 MPH. Is this normal? I took the seat off while riding and when you let of the throttle you get a hissing sound like a boost leak from the front of the motor area. I looked all over and can't find a loose hose. It is really slow out of the hole and takes about 20-30 seconds to plane out. So, any help will be appreciated.

Any trouble light?

Sounds like the turbo waste gate is sticking...very common, and not too hard to correct. Here is the waste gate lever, that should be moveable by hand:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WASTE GATE.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	87579  

No, Check engine light, and sorry I didn't mention it but I already checked the wastegate and it moves freely! I've been reading the troubleshooting for RMP's between 6000-6800 and it says to check for loose hoses so it looks like I'll be diving in to find it!

if there is a blow-off valve (different then a waste-gate), then that will likely/possibly be what you hear hissing when you back off the throttle.

a blow-off valve relieves the intake tract of boost pressure when the throttle is closed, otherwise the turbo can over pressurize the intake and possibly damage itself or the intake manifold.

check the waste gate first, but it shouldn't hiss at idle either.

Still seems like the turbo is bleeding off boost.

I would loosen both of the nuts on the threaded rod that attaches to the waste gate lever (see above pic), and adjust the rod until the rod has the slightest tension (trying to pull out from the bellows). The lock down nuts are 10mm, and one is left handed.

The reason that I mention this is, my locking nuts were loose, and the rod had lengthened...causing my turbo to bleed off boost=no 'get up and go'!

Quote Originally Posted by Bent View Post
    if there is a blow-off valve (different then a waste-gate), then that will likely/possibly be what you hear hissing when you back off the throttle.

a blow-off valve relieves the intake tract of boost pressure when the throttle is closed, otherwise the turbo can over pressurize the intake and possibly damage itself or the intake manifold.

check the waste gate first, but it shouldn't hiss at idle either.
    You are right, Bent...he should (and I think that he is) only hearing the pressure release upon sudden deceleration. This is how mine operates, and I get full power and acceleration.

OK, I will give the wastegate a better look to see. What max RPM's are you guy's seeing @ WOT (wide open throttle) on calm water. Just curious to see so I know what to look for. Thanks for the help.

Well I checked the wastgate and adjusted it and still the same???? What are the max RPM I should see?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trx24v View Post
    Well I checked the wastgate and adjusted it and still the same???? What are the max RPM I should see?
    Top RPM on the MSX110 is 7,000 (+-100). Normal WOT turbo boost pressure is 10psi (+-1psi @ 100kpa outside air pressure). There is no blow-off valve on the MSX110.... only on the MSX150.

What line do you tap into to put in an aftermarket Boost PSI gauge? A Pic will help! I don't think the electronic display one is showing the correct PSI. it only shows about 1/2!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information