Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Boost Psi of various chargers

Could someone with better search talents than I point
    me in the direction of the post
    that showed the boost psi's of various chargers ..
    I am interested particularly in riva S3/ X charger/ Rude
    all at 8100 Rpms..
    Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    check out some of engineers mikes post as i know he has done it. Also seen some theards before with listings in order of SC and psi.
    sorry as my help is probalbly useless.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Could someone with better search talents than I point
    me in the direction of the post
    that showed the boost psi's of various chargers ..
    I am interested particularly in riva S3/ X charger/ Rude
    all at 8100 Rpms..
    Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It really depends on the intercooler setup, air intake, etc. but to give you a general idea

S3 - high 10's at 8100
    X charger - mid 11's at 8100
    Rude Charger - mid 12's at 8100

Don't get caught up on boost numbers though as volume of air plays a large role in performance. The X charger has a larger diameter impeller than the S3 and will flow more air. The Rude impeller is even larger than the X.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I keep on saying someone should make a sticky post of all the different wheel's PSIs and lock the thread then add new numbers as new product comes out. This question gets asked way to much.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    It really depends on the intercooler setup, air intake, etc. but to give you a general idea
    That's why all boost numbers should be listed at the charger. If you know a boost number at the charger and you have a gauge that gives you boost at the intake you can evaluate your setup and be alerted to leaks.

+1
    This is what I have seen at 8100.
    Rotax Racing 9.1-9.3 (the RR similar to the Akit, Greeenwheel etc)
    Riva Stg. III 10.5
    Rude 12.3

The numbers may be close, the performance is not. The Riva Stg. III felt much better than the Rotax Racing. The Rude had a huge increase over the Riva Stg. III.
    But the performance is really seen with a ECU upgrade IMO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

S3 - high 10's at 8100
    X charger - mid 11's at 8100
    Rude Charger - mid 12's at 8100

Don't get caught up on boost numbers though as volume of air plays a large role in performance. The X charger has a larger diameter impeller than the S3 and will flow more air. The Rude impeller is even larger than the X.
    If you think about it if you have 2 chargers pushing the same boost #s at the intake and one is a larger wheel moving more volume yet the boost#s are the same. This tells me that the smaller wheel is still moving all the air it needs to maintain said boost#. I would think volume would directly effect boost. However, I can see how the charger with more volume would build boost quicker for low to mid power but if wot boost is the same then I dont think you will see much diff in top end. Just thinking out loud. Well not really. I could be wrong and probably am but this is how my mind sees it.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    If you think about it if you have 2 chargers pushing the same boost #s at the intake and one is a larger wheel moving more volume yet the boost#s are the same. This tells me that the smaller wheel is still moving all the air it needs to maintain said boost#. I would think volume would directly effect boost. However, I can see how the charger with more volume would build boost quicker for low to mid power but if wot boost is the same then I dont think you will see much diff in top end. Just thinking out loud. Well not really. I could be wrong and probably am but this is how my mind sees it.
    My thought process is the same. After the SC you have restrictions in place. Boost is boost. The larger wheel will make the boost quicker but once you reach maximum boost levels a ski would use the same volume of air no matter which unit you have so moving more volume should be a moot point.

Think about it this way, you have 2 water tanks hooked to water hoses. 1 tank is 10 gallons the other is 20 gallons. both have 5 psi at the valve. When turned on the same amount of water is going to come out of both hoses.

+1
    na guys the bigger wheel is pushing more CFM then the smaller wheel. Boost is air pressure not volume. More volume more performance even at the same boost numbers. You can have a 100mm wheel creating 10 psi of boost and a 150mm wheel creating 10 psi of boost. The 150mm wheel is going to move more air becasue of its larger size.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information