Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My $400 Exhaust and Ic setup

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Like I said total cost was $400 and about 7 hrs of my time, its full 3" Stainless exhaust all the way out to my homemade tip. Ic is full 3" water to air. Im going to test it this weekend I hope, ran it on the hose today to check for leaks and it sounds really good. Let me know what you think.

Set Up Looks Real Clean, But It Seams To Have Too Much Intercooler Piping....and What Are You Going To Do When Water Backs Up Through The Exhaust And Into The Motor....there Is A Reason Why There Are Dips And Bends In The Factory Exhaust System

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    Very interesting work you got there. Looks real clean and cool, but there might be too much piping for the whole Intake System. You want it all as short as possible.

The Exhaust, you might be ok with. I know those Mufflers, I've seen them before, so you might be ok with no Water making it's way back to the Motor. Just hope ALL the Internals of it are Stainless Steel. Or after 1 ride, it'll be starting to Rust out. I know this because I did the Resonator Bypass on my Boat before the Gibson install, and the piece of Pipe I used was starting to rust after only 1 ride.

All-in-all, your install looks good, I just hope you see some nice gains out of it for all the Time and Hard Work you put into it.

joehillbilly1, That looks awesome man, nice work!

How would he make piping shorter, put the IC in the back of the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by racnanemesis View Post
    Set Up Looks Real Clean, But It Seams To Have Too Much Intercooler Piping....and What Are You Going To Do When Water Backs Up Through The Exhaust And Into The Motor....there Is A Reason Why There Are Dips And Bends In The Factory Exhaust System

The outlet is above the water level and the whole muffler would have to fill up before it could back up into the engine, plus my boat had the newer 08' style exhuast which already had no j-pipe in it so I think it should be fine. As far as intercooler mounting that was the best place to fit it so thats why it is where it is, Ive been playing with turbo cars for years and have never seen more than 1psi drop from adding a larger front mount IC with much longer pipe work than what I have, plus that is 3" so it should flow just fine.

duramaxxed I was told the muffler had all st/st packing in it so I guess I will have to wait and see..........
    Last edited by joehillbilly1; 08-08-2008 at 08:15 PM.

[quote=joehillbilly1;756056]......plus that is 3" so it should flow just fine.
    [quote]

I would have to agree with that, these little engines don't flow enough to approach choked flow in a 3" pipe.

I keep looking at your set-up and drooling

The only thing that concerns me is how low the air filter is, are you afraid of ingesting water?

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    There shouldn't be enough water getting into the Engine Compartment that he would have to worry. If there is, you got bigger problems. OR...if the Air Filter is laying on the Floor.

never really thought about how low the air filter was laying the boat would need to take on alot of water for it to get to it but I might move it up some just to be safe.

Im going to get to take it out this weekend finally, I'll try to get some #'s but I dont know how busy the lake is going to be. Plus Im going to be running it without the exhaust temp sensor hooked up it I broke it, so I dont know if thats going to have any affect on the performance or not.
    Last edited by joehillbilly1; 08-03-2010 at 09:26 AM.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by joehillbilly1 View Post
    Im going to get to take it out this weekend finally, I'll try to get some #'s but I dont know how busy the lake is going to be. Plus Im going to be running it without the exhaust temp sensor hooked up becuase I melted it when I was making the exhaust so I dont know if thats going to have any affect on the performance or not.

You'll get an alarm and it could run in limp mode....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information