Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

DJSA Series Race #8 - Saturday Aug 9th - SSVR

Please join us for series race #8 at the beautiful beachfront waters of
    Salt Springs Valley Reservoir
    at Copperopolis Calif...

This race recognizes the SSVR Old timers Jet Ski Reunion and we welcome you to take the opportunity to come up and meet the ones who started this sport - way back when!

Times -
    8 to 10 reg
    9 to 930 - standup practice
    930 to 1000 - Sitdown practice
    10 to 1030 - Late practice
    1030 - Riders meeting
    1100 - Racing

Classes -
    X2

Sport 650 Standup
    Sprint 750 Standup
    Super 800 Novice Standup
    FAST stand (4 stroke and super talent pro/am)
    Sport Sit 900
    Sprint Sit 1000 - 1300 na
    Supersit 1300 stock novice
    SCXP Supersit (supercharged / xtra power) pro / am

All riders MUST HAVE proof of current medical insurance.
    All skis must have legible race numbers for scoring
    All racers must be 18 years of age

$40 awa members
    $50 non awa members

Any questions - Call me.
    See you there and DRIVE SAFE!

jim

Proud directors of the 1st annual
    Norcal Socal PWC Shootout
    Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Vallejo

Diablo Jet Ski Action
    www.diablojsa.com
    email [email protected]
    (925)684-9796 ofc
    (925)303-0713 cel

Let's Race!!!!!

Jim.. Your like a GOD to me! Dude, you were kicking AZZ last weekend, and I'm not talking about when you kept slipping..
    I was watching you race. YOU DA MAN JIM!!!!!!!!Next time. I'll let you ride the Green Goblin....

Welcome all you newcomers. I'm sure we will see a little more action now that the "FOLLOWING" has arived. Race hard, and race safe. We all got work on Mondays!

+1
    Dubzter,
    I can't be a god if you're a god, and you're a god, so just accept the role and ROLL with it. All you guys were AWESOME and the pleasure was all mine. If I ever get the chance to ride that beautiful machine of yours - you'd probably never see it again. Better re-examine that offer my friend.
    My next favorite color after orange - is GREEN!

Be safe

jim

Dubz1...It's time for another trip up North. Bring the family...we'll cook!

+1
    Jim likes GREEN....

Welcome to greenhulk Jim and Schrocketman
    Last edited by jonny5; 08-10-2008 at 12:42 PM.

+1
    Raced out, sunned out, burnt out, and worn out.... I wasn't expecting a big turn out for race 8, but when I arrived at the lake friday afternoon, I was in the mood to do something a little special with the course. Seems all you guys have developed "split fever" so guess what was on my mind?

I think this course was one of the coolest we have set all season long, and the credit goes to Mark Nunes... Dude - that course was fun, and fast!
    In the process of getting things ready for the previous 6 flags race, I had missed a few exciting nascar episodes I faithfully record every sunday on the DVR, but yesterday I got plenty of "nascar style action" right in front of me on the waters of SSVR. If one word describes the day it would have to be "SMOKIN!"

The 650's showed up in force, and the 650's delivered!
    We should have put a sign up over the beach that said "pit row" because thats what it looked like during the day... There was alot of action in the Camo Joe pits when Joe's back up ski decided to act up in heat-1.
    I thought maybe there had been a crash on the course when I saw Joe's motor cowling floating in the water and 2 skis floating at one of the split buoys, but when the "X" ski became disabled, the 810 of Joe Orr stopped racing to help out and keep the boat from sinking.

Seems Camel Toe Joe decided to do a plug change on the water and the 810 JETSKI Doctor always tows his Snap On Tool box with him so the 2 racers decided to demonstrate what an on the water pit stop looks like! Safety skis towed Joe back to the beach and Orr got back into the mix.

Camo Joe came back out swinging in race 2 with the 157 ski and jammed to a number he's very familiar with - #1, but it didn't come easy! New guy Taylor Van Fossen was "in it to win it" the entire time, and never let up. I've never seen Gardemeyer look back so many times in a race, and I'm sure his neck hurts today but for those last 2 races, all he had to do was look right next to him - it was that close!

Saw a very cool thing worthy of honorable mention - Gardemeyer was ripping into one of the last tight corners of the outside split, and his ski spun out. I saw this dude ride that ski backwards while perfectly balanced for 15 ft, he powered up, the nose came up, and away he went after Van Fossen... That was quite the balancing act - but then the #322 Powerhouse "Jerry Powers" did his own act right off the startline in race 2!

Jerry got a bad start off the line, rolled off a wake with the nose up, and did a 360 while on the gas!!! It looked like he was riding a bull at a rodeo... Powers was last going into turn 1 but then started picking off racers one by one and fought his way up to 3rd. In the 3rd race of the day, the Powerhouse owned the holeshot - and the race.

I talked to Jerry afterwards and told him I've never seen him ride better.
    Jerry explained he had....uh....well..... had technical difficulties with his girlfriend on the phone friday night and it had encouraged him to uh...well.... ride really fast. Jerry recommends if you want to run really well on saturdays, have uh.....well.... technical difficulties with your girlfriend or wife on friday night before a race and it will really really improve your riding! Hey if it works..... roll with it!

This course was 1.80 niles around, and the start lap and split wasn't scored the first time around. All these guys rode 3 races that were almost 8 miles in length, and they rode it like champions... Tiny but mighty, this class is hot!!!

Joe Gardemeyer 6th overall with a dnf, 1,2 (40 series pts)
    New guy Joe Cattoor 5th o/a with a 4,6,6 (50 pts)
    The Ski Doc Joe Orr 4th o/a with a 5,4,5 (60 pts)
    Jason Van Fossen 3rd o/a with a 3,5,4 (70 pts)
    Taylor Van Fossen 2nd o/a with a 1,2,3 (80 pts)
    Jerry Powers 1st o/a with a 2,3,1 (100 pts) NICE!
    (Robson and Rennie - get back out here... there's too many "Joe's" in this class now!)

The Super 800 novice was light in numbers, but not in talent...
    Jeremy Dixon and the 715 ski came out to represent, and there is only one word to descibe this kid - FAST! After his stellar showing at Six Flags, and smoking his way to 3 solid 1st yesterday, there is no doubt this young "genious" will be riding the FAST class next season. Speed, Style, and a great attitude all rolled into 1... No question as to why that adds up to - winner!

Tony Nunes is still waiting for his motor rebuild, but he got the opportunity to ride a loaner from Eric Hewitt and "Fast Forward" Nunes showed that taking a few weeks off will only do one thing.... it makes him faster!
    Fast Forward was in the groove and on the move, but Hewitt had to leave early so Tony only ran one race, but the one he ran was like all his others... PDE. (pretty damn exciting)

Ryan Haag was in the house on the #111 Kawi, and he rode strong and solid to a 2nd overall putting some nice points on the board... Ryan came by every lap looking at me like he was saying where the heck is the white flag but as tired as everyone was, he stayed in the game and delivered for Team Salt Springs. Nice job team green!!!

Speaking of green, we can't forget the #1 green yamaha of Dan Knowldan. Dan cracks me up everytime with the conversations we have when he passes the flagdock to stage for a start. I ask everyone how many laps they want to do, and Dan is always the guy who wants to run 1 lap. After race 2, Dan came up and said "hey that dude ahead of me was on his knees, why can't I do that?" I looked at him and asked isn't it faster on a standup to be standing than kneeling? He said yes.
    I asked why there was a kneeling dude in front of him and Dan just gave me a funny look and idled away....

What was really funny, was Dan sat out heat-3. When I asked his class how many laps they wanted to run, Dan was yelling from the pits - TEN LAPS, TEN LAPS!!! Dan is one of those guys who is always saying "old guys rule" but as much as he's out there for fun - he's also got quite a bit of game left in him. This guy is always on the gas, and it will be interesting to see what he does when we start the Sprint standup 750 class. Knowlden - you always make me smile, and you'll always have a place on our start lines!

And then there was downright FAST... and the always on fire 149 ski of Pete Zarnik! Zarnik ran uncontested representing the FAST class but he easily showed the difference between the Super 800's and the FAST class. Zarnik took a couple spills in race 1 and 2, but it made for some awesome racing when he played some serious catch up against Dixon in both heats... In race 3, Zarnik won the drag race to the first turn and he never looked back. No mistakes, no slips, just 110 percent concentration and every turn of the way he was on the gas!

At Six Flags last week, the race with Bushman and Zarnik was pretty incredible - this one was right up there as well! This dude is smokin hot!
    There were 18 turns in this course and these guys ran 5 laps in the 3rd heat. That was a whole lotta turns with NO MISTAKES!

Zarnik running uncontested took a FAST first o/a with 1,1,1. (100 pts)
    Dixon took a 1,1,1, for 1st o/a in the super 800 class. (100 pts)
    Haag took a 2,2,2 for 2nd o/a and put 80 serious points on the board!

Much more to come but I have to go do battle at work for 10 hours...
    Coming soon, results of the Sits, the Schrockets FIRST OVERALL VICTORY, (yes, things were very nice in Schrocketville yesterday) the night rider's amazing feats, the uncoopertive rings of the Surgeon Carlson, the many poses of superman Garcia, and the results of the first official safety ski race!

Pic's and official results to follow.
    Enjoy the day - and as always - be safe out there!

jim
    Last edited by TIOARI; 08-11-2008 at 01:08 PM.

+1
    Jonny,

Thanks for the welcome - and jim DIGS green!!!

+1
    CONGRATS To the SCHROCKETMAN!!! 1st place!!! Just like Elton John says;
    "I’m not the man they think I am at home
    Oh no no no I’m a SHrocket man
    "....

So happy for you man... keep it up...

Mavster...

+1
    Mav, it was awesome!
    I like the Le Mans start the Socal guys suggested, because it really does thin out that first turn. Schrock told me before the race he didn't really care for it and asked if we could use holders.. You should have seen the look of disappointment he had when I said we were doing the self hold Lemans start. But....

Schrock STOLE the holeshot on the first race, stole the 2nd until his lanyard pulled out, and then smoked it again in the 3rd heat with was 8 laps long!!!

All the sits ran together in heats of 5, 4, and 8 laps which was almost 32 miles of racing! All of them did great, but the day belonged to the Stockton Schrocket, and he looked great on his first ever checkered flag victory lap. (We missed the 816 out there Mavster!)

jim

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information