Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

8100 RPM only @ kick off

From last ride I noticed that my RPM improved after installation of Riva performance air intake & free flow & Advance Timing specially from idle to med range when I push the full throttle from 0 speed it reach 8100 rpm for very short of time during hard kick off the at max speed remain between 7500-7700 rpm

I do not have GPS at that time but I do race with 08 green Ultra (Riva stage one) installed and his spend was between 65-66 mph It was hot day 112F we race and I was in front of him about 5 ft…noticeable improvement on my end speed and RPM

I do not know why 8000 rpm plus do not appear while I'm at full speed
    Last edited by sportman; 08-09-2008 at 10:43 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sportman View Post
    From last ride I noticed that my RPM improved after installation specially from idle to med range when I push the full throttle from 0 speed it reach 8100 rpm for very short of time during hard kick off the at max speed remain between 7500-7700 rpm

I do not have GPS at that time but I do race with 08 green Ultra (Riva stage one) installed and his spend was between 65-66 mph It was hot day 112F we race and I was in front of him about 5 ft…noticeable improvement on my end speed and RPM

I do not know why 8000 rpm plus do not appear while I'm at full speed
    Sounds like cavatation.

what will be the best solution

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sportman View Post
    what will be the best solution
    A new prop and pump.

Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    A new prop and pump.
    That soon only 44 hr do I have to change them both? anyone here had the same problem can share his experience

Check your clearance between the impeller and housing. If it's well within spec and there is no damage to the impeller then there is no need to change it. Also check all your sealing surfaces to ensure there are no gaps in the silicone, excess silicone anywhere inside the pump, damage, etc. There are many things that could cause cavitation but they are all located within your water intake tract or pump.

Relax your fine. Porp spin off the bottom is common. These are heavy machines with instant boost and power, its going to spin off a bit on the bottom.

As long as your spinning 8k off bottom and not tapping rev limiter then your fine.

Props should be good if you take care of it, but if your a burnout king or sand runner then issue can occur as early as 20 to 30 hrs. Think of your prop as tires on a car. You beat on them and they go bald. Same with props.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Relax your fine. Porp spin off the bottom is common. These are heavy machines with instant boost and power, its going to spin off a bit on the bottom.

As long as your spinning 8k off bottom and not tapping rev limiter then your fine.

Props should be good if you take care of it, but if your a burnout king or sand runner then issue can occur as early as 20 to 30 hrs. Think of your prop as tires on a car. You beat on them and they go bald. Same with props.
    Skips it's cool when it's spin then accelerate during kick off, does any of modification play a role in that??

Dont want to sound like a puppet again but R&D has a pump cone that helps alot with this problem.

Also R-Rated sells a exit nozzle kit that allows you to tune your pump to aviod this issue too.

Also, though you have low hours, your prop may need to be re tuned. It all depends on what youve been doing while riding. Remember props are like tires.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Dont want to sound like a puppet again but R&D has a pump cone that helps alot with this problem.

Also R-Rated sells a exit nozzle kit that allows you to tune your pump to aviod this issue too.

Also, though you have low hours, your prop may need to be re tuned. It all depends on what youve been doing while riding. Remember props are like tires.

not all true skip, tyres work well on the sand
    but cant say the same about my prop tho LOL

just havin fun skipp

Waz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information