2004 Gtx Sc 185 Hp

I have decided to keep my wifes GTX. It has a Riva stage 1 plus a Rotax Racing supercharger wheel and metal washers. Does anyone have any experience adding an external intercooler and a thru hull exhaust on this machine. I just dont want to kill the moter since it has cast pistons. It runs about 1 to 2 mph faster than a RXTs right now but I would like a few more MPH out of it. Any ideas would be great. My idea was a 13/21 prop...thru hulll and external intercooler. It is already hitting the rev limiter with the 12/20 solas already installed. Thanks.

Yes...

you can most def add external IC with thru hull...

not to question your performance but faster than RXT?
    even my modded 04 GTX to a stage 2.5 only yielded 69.8 gps speed MAX...
    average WOT was closer to 68.6

a good combination will have good results even with the cast pistons.

also remember to change your water reducer disc from red to yellow if using an aftermarket IC... or if your OPAS is removed use a thru hull fitting in that location to have a separate cooling set up for the IC.

to increase speed, increase RPM`s, to do that swap ECU`s and increase the fuel...

2005 RXP/RXT ECU = 8150-8200 rpms
    Rotax racing 58psi fuel pressure regulator
    Rotax racing Thermostat
    stock intake grate for speed in flat waters

use a quality IC, groco strainer, T-bolt type clamps etc etc...

how many hours on the motor?
    just make sure the engine is in good health and compression is good. Wouldn`t hurt to do a leak down test.

also use the Search feature here to read a lot of GTX build threads..

Quote Originally Posted by Gunguy View Post
    I have decided to keep my wifes GTX. It has a Riva stage 1 plus a Rotax Racing supercharger wheel and metal washers. Does anyone have any experience adding an external intercooler and a thru hull exhaust on this machine. I just dont want to kill the moter since it has cast pistons. It runs about 1 to 2 mph faster than a RXTs right now but I would like a few more MPH out of it. Any ideas would be great. My idea was a 13/21 prop...thru hulll and external intercooler. It is already hitting the rev limiter with the 12/20 solas already installed. Thanks.
    Yep, no problems...your model is just like the RXT's so whatever applies to RXT's applys to GTX's. Here's an XS intercooler install.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...2great+pics%22
    Lot's of room and works fine.

2 of my friends have 2006 RXTs and my wifes GTX the way is equipped right now just barely pulls away. Maybe 1 to 2 mph. I have not GPSed her GTX though. Maybe a RXT pump or a Jims ride plate. I'm just throwing out ideas.

Banned User
    +1
    My father's 04 GTX with a Stage one also was even with a friends stock 07 RXT...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    My father's 04 GTX with a Stage one also was even with a friends stock 07 RXT...
    I could keep up with Dr Len`s RXT, but no pass him nor catch up if he got the jump and I had a lot of goodies in the ski...

Thread Information