Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

Arrow One person trailer loading bow clip (Recover-EZY)

Has anyone used this product (available from recoverezy.com.au) or something similar?

Edit: Product design has changed since the original post was made.
    Photos of the current design can be seen here.

Looks like it could simplify one person loading onto the trailer, when the bunks are too sloped for it to stay put while you get off and go forward to attach the winch strap.

I know I don't like scrambling around a slippery ramp to get the winch strap on while the boat is trying to slide away, or reaching my hand around the bow roller while the PWC is being held in place with jet thrust. Too easy for someone to get hurt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RECEZY2.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	87836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pwc%20coming%20in%20to%20hook%20up.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	321.1 KB 
ID:	87837  
    Last edited by K447; 05-28-2013 at 08:40 AM.

once i get mine on the trailer. i just let it idle in the foward position while i get off and step on the fender of the trailer to winch it up. once i have the winch hooked i shut it off.

2000 pro 785 (son's) 1998 pro 785 (dads) old guy in mich's Avatar
    using a roller trailer? looks like a slick idea. around here our ramps are pretty flat/shallow angled and power loading is not allowed. i just spot my trailer so my fenders are just under water, put ths ski half way on the bunks and winch them the rest of the way.
    ps saftey chains are the way to go. last summer was driving by our ramp and there was a truck with a roller trailer, 4 bewilder guys and a 20 ft sport boat laying on the ground at the parking lot entrance. winch strap had broke when they hit a bump entering the road. (slight up grade didnt see a chain or cable on the winch) took uh about 2 hrs to get it back on the trailer and busted the out drive off.

It has to be a roller ? I can't imagine a bunk trailer having this issue? unless it's some crazy ramp?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    It has to be a roller?
    I can't imagine a bunk trailer having this issue? unless it's some crazy ramp?
    Several of the ramps I use are steep enough that I must either use jet pump thrust (above idle) to keep the PWC nose near the winch, or hand winch the bow up from near the rear of the bunks.

Between waves bouncing the nose against the bow roller (if I back the trailer more deeply into the water), the ramp/bunk angle (if I don't back in deeply), and the Liquid Rollers treatment on the bunks, there is often a challenge getting the winch strap hooked onto the boat, safely and easily.

This bow eye design with a hook looks interesting, as I can power up the bunks until it catches in the loop, then kill the engine and let it hold the boat while the other PWC loads (double trailer), then attach the winch straps with ease.

Interesting! my only concern would be in thinking the bow eye device had worked correctly but not seeing it? you may wind up on your keester?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Several of the ramps I use are steep enough that I must either use jet pump thrust (above idle) to keep the PWC nose near the winch, or hand winch the bow up from near the rear of the bunks.

Between waves bouncing the nose against the bow roller (if I back the trailer more deeply into the water), the ramp/bunk angle (if I don't back in deeply), and the Liquid Rollers treatment on the bunks, there is often a challenge getting the winch strap hooked onto the boat, safely and easily.

This bow eye design with a hook looks interesting, as I can power up the bunks until it catches in the loop, then kill the engine and let it hold the boat while the other PWC loads (double trailer), then attach the winch straps with ease.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    and the Liquid Rollers treatment on the bunks, there is often a challenge getting the winch strap hooked onto the boat, safely and easily.
    I would never use liquid rollers or bunkcaps or anything like that. The friction of a regular carpeted bunk will keep the watercraft in place.
    You do need to have the trailer at the right level though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    ...my only concern would be in thinking the bow eye device had worked correctly but not seeing it?
    you may wind up on your keester?
    A little left-right wiggling of the PWC before I get off, should confirm that the hook had caught the loop.

If it didn't catch, then the boat could slide back into the water before you could get to the winch strap. Not great, but no damage done.

I would always attach the real winch strap before I pulled the trailer up the ramp.

2000 pro 785 (son's) 1998 pro 785 (dads) old guy in mich's Avatar
    how bout this? seen um use, but dont own one. available at overtons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-10-2008 9;01;26 AM.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	554.9 KB 
ID:	87957  

Launch and retrieve latch system

The device at the beginning of the thread is available from recoverezy.com.au

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information