I wanna new opas design

I want the paddles to mimic the look of the RE's when they are not being opened. I want only one paddle to open or move at a time...and then at slow speeds/rpms only....turn to port...the left paddle opens, like on a hinge.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    I want the paddles to mimic the look of the RE's when they are not being opened. I want only one paddle to open or move at a time...and then at slow speeds/rpms only....turn to port...the left paddle opens, like on a hinge.
    Hmmmmm, sounds expensive. That is engineer for damn that is going to be complicated.

Seems to me it wouldn't...I dunno...half the system in place now is just lifting the damn things outa the water...I don't want mine to lift....some kind of valve to open only one side at a time.....I dunno...it seems to me that would solve a lot of handling problems.

+1
    Why not just put Blockoff's in place and move your sponson's all the way to the back of the ski. I saw a Dustin Charrier's RXP-X setup like this. He had small sponson's that sat all the way back.

...still thinking about this.....coming off plane...wanna stop quicker...pull a lever on the right side so you have to be off throttle to use it...both open.
    Last edited by VaRedneck; 08-09-2008 at 10:49 PM.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    I have part of it I think.

When the ski is at nuetral turn the OPAS turn actuators would be at or almost at a point of touching to force the BO out on its hinge as you turn say left the actuator on the left would be pushed out while the one on the left would have channel in the attachment point that would allow the actuator to come in with out moving it. For a right turn it would be the opposite. To return the BO/Paddles to normal it would use a sprinf in addition to water pressure.

yep

also....the paddles wouldn't come down as far the they do now....the bottom fifth....where the hull's first 2 angles up from the ride plate....those bends would remain stationary....lessen the force of the water on paddles at speed...help continue the hull lines at speed...increase lift?, like the re's do now?...only the larger side/verticle planes would move...maybe a close fitting rubber gasket on the leading and bottom edges where the paddles would fit snuggly to the front and bottoms of the opening.
    Last edited by VaRedneck; 08-10-2008 at 08:26 AM.

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    Shoundn't you be working on your go fast stuff?

you only beat me by 3 seconds

you only beat me by 3 seconds
    What....to the first turn?

Thread Information