2 degree pump wedge??

I installed the pump wedge the other day. I have the full stage 1 from PPG. The ski handled like crap. I thought that the intake grate was coming off. The handlebars were completely off when riding. You would have to steer left to go straight. Is this a normal thing? The nice thing is that I was able to finally hit 8100RPM's with it on, but trim was 1 click down from the middle. any suggestions?? I did take it off and don't think I want to sacrifice that MUCH handling for very minor speed gains.

THanks
    Peter

+1
    You have to adjust the steering linkage to get the bars straight again.
    The things i don't like about the wedge is they arent good for choppy conditions and they reduce hookup. I kinda like it for flat water riding though.

+1
    Jerry always seems to have the right answer, I like the wedge when riding with a full tank on days when riding long cruises. If your best speed is acheived at 3/4 trim with the wedge it will probably move to 1/2.
    The wedge basically trims the boat up 1/4 trim which you can use when full tank riding.
    With a 1/4 tank the boat is very loose.

+1
    It seems I'm seeing less and less glass conditions on the lake with more traffic yet I still keep the wedge on. RXPNJ, by chance did you install sponsons at the same time as the wedge? I've noticed with my sponsons in an "all the way down" position, when starting out before plane sometimes the ski gets stuck in a left or right position...common and nothing a quick burst of speed can't cure.

Hulk - could adding the IC exaggerate the porpoising of the ski w/ the wedge where before I didn't notice as much? I couldn't get her to hook up last night and it really wasn't that rough.

RXPNJ

If you got the wedge from Riva it should have an extension for the steering . R&D does not send the extension with theirsI'm not sure about PPG. You will also have to adjust the reverse gate it should adjust ok by just letting it out.

I have heard you don't need the extension.
    I just installed my wedge yesterday. The steering looks ok maybe a little off.

where do I adjust the steering Jerry ? I have heard under the glove box but I don't see where.

+1
    Under the glove box is the safest way. Take out the front seat vent then you will see where the steering cable goes up under the glove box.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain
    Hulk - could adding the IC exaggerate the porpoising of the ski w/ the wedge where before I didn't notice as much? I couldn't get her to hook up last night and it really wasn't that rough.
    The wedge kills your hookup!

Thread Information