Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2006 GP1300R, OIL in Bay (STOCK)

Hey everyone,

I have a question, about 06 gp1300r. When the ski sits for wk or so, i look in the engine compartment and there is oil collected in the aft bay area around the driveshaft. Its tilted up, so that is why its collected there, but where can this be coming from. I had the dealer check it at the first part of the season for this issue, due to sitting all winter and noticed it in the bay. They said oil pickup was good and all lines were tight. I am just concerned that something is coming loose and i will run lean. If any pictures or areas to look at , it would be greatly apprciated. Also, oil tank stays full over a period of sitting...

Thanks everyone..

+1
    Check ALL the oil lines to the TB's,from the oil injection pump back.Check the oil feed line from the tank to the pump also.Check the oil filler tube and boot that connects to the tank.Did the dealer look inside the OEM air filter box that covers the TB's?I assume its still under warrenty? Also,how much oil spill we talking about? Have you cleaned the oil out of the hull then rode it to see if it came back?

+1
    Thanks for the quick reply.. There is not much, maybe a couple table spoons i would say.. Now im clueless when it come to the mech. part of this ski. Are all the oil lines visiable without removing any parts...i pulled plugs and everything looks good..no lean running so it appears

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.. There is not much, maybe a couple table spoons i would say.. Now im clueless when it come to the mech. part of this ski. Are all the oil lines visiable without removing any parts...i pulled plugs and everything looks good..no lean running so it appears
    No, you would have to pull the pipe to see that.

+1
    You would have to pull the stinger section of the pipe off.Did your dealer just do a 'visual' or do you know if they took the stinger section off to check? Is this a problem that has just started?

+1
    NO, at the first of the year, i noticed in at the aft part of the engine area. It had sat all winter and collected some. Now i was having a problem, of oil collecting in the right foot well. I think this was coming from the vent in the oil line under the right side of the cowling. This started last summer after i over filled the ski with oil. I thought it was just resid. oil that had gotten under cowling. Well i noticed it only collected in the right foot well after it got really hot. I figured it was building up pressure and then coming out. You guys think i have a big problem. I know when i ride, there is not collection of oil i can see at the bottom. It only happens after it sits for several days.

+1
    The oil that spilled probably ran back when you raise the front of the ski up on the trailer.Did you clean the oil up real good then go ride,and see if it came back?

+1
    Woody, this happened at the end of the yr last year when i over filled and have had several rides on it. You think its still stuck somewhere at this long. I am going to let the ski sit again for a few days and check it. I just dont understand why it not collecting oil while i am riding, but after it sits for days, its shows up. Thank you so much for you input.

+1
    You may just be overfilling the oil tank. and the heat makes your gas tank expand it pushes oil out the vent/overflow tube.

+1
    So, you think this is my problem...since it just seems to happen after the ski sits for awhile. Pressure buiding up..inside oil tank or gas tank and then pushing oil into vent line...Im kinda lost...Like i said earlier, just dont want to run the ski lean. If it were to start running lean, would it kick a code?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information