Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rxp-x Mods

Rxp-x Mods

Worth my while to upgrade the impeller and intake grate?? im reading alot where the full stage 1 kit is disappointing alot of guys, would it give me MPH to change the impeller and intake grate? and if so what part numbers am i lookin for??? my boy said it is worth it to upgrade but iam always willing to hear other opinions thanks

+1
    Only mods I have so far are R&D grate and ride plate holes filled. I'm running 73.5 on gps with half tank of gas.

+1
    Welcome to the forum.

you will gain top end by removing stock intake grate (2-3 mph) but will loose the massive hookup. You must decide on what you want. If you decide to change you need to pic your poison, R and D or Riva, and i guess WorXs grate for chop.

Best mods will be 4 inch intake to let the SC breathe, intake grate, and new prop if you can pull it depending on your riding conditions. I actually have repitched my stock X prop with good gains.

I ran close to 73 mph in 100 degree heat in Dallas (500 ft) last weekend with the 15/22. You can see my boat is mostly stock except for some tender love and care.

I am running a modded stock grate, i have run the riva and it shines in flat water for speed, but lacks on hookup in big chop.

Oh, by the way my Gibson exhuast has made a big improvemnt for my acceleration, just ask anyone at lewi a few weeks ago. Great mod.
    Last edited by skoepp; 08-10-2008 at 07:34 PM.

+1
    I didn't loose any hook up with the R&D. Hole shot is the same.

Skoep, what did you do to your prop? I just put 1.5 mm increase in mine to try and drop 150 rpms but havnt tested yet. Maybe I can match mine to yours b-4 I put it together to take some guess work out.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post

Best mods will be 4 inch intake to let the SC breathe, intake grate, and new prop if you can pull it depending on your riding conditions. I actually have repitched my stock X prop with good gains.

I ran close to 73 mph in 100 degree heat in Dallas (500 ft) last weekend with the 15/22. You can see my boat is mostly stock except for some tender love and care.

I am running a modded stock grate, i have run the riva and it shines in flat water for speed, but lacks on hookup in big chop.
    I don't understand how you RXT-X guys are reaching 73 mph in 100 degree air with only this few cheap mods you guys are very lucky, i remember very well the day that i did a few speed runs with my 05 215HP RXT for the first time very low in fuel with my lightweight 150 pounds a$$ and the best top end speed was 63.5 MPH i spent a arm and a leg in engine mods to reach this same speed and spent another small fortune in aftermarket props trying to find one that perform better than my oem stock one but this never happened finaly after a lot of sweet and tears and a lot of $$$ trown to the trash i bought a solas 14/17 from PPG with a custom pitch that was done by his head mechanic Frazier before he left the shop that out perform my oem prop in the low,mid and top end and for the first time i broke the 73 MPH barrier, ironical the same speed that most of you guys are doing with your stock prop with only 1 deg added, now i am doing close to 76 MPH in almost the same 100 degree heat as you in salt water with blistering acceleration but with another bigger prop with different spec's since that was with my early Rotax wheel, Rotax stock class ECU and 42lbs injectors set up but as soon i put my new mods the Riva S3 with the Riva ECU and 50 lbs injectors my ski started to demolish this prop and was hiting the rev limiter at only 3/4 throttle, then when i ditch the S3 wheel and put the Rude the same thing happened and more pitch was added to the same prop to avoid hitting the rev limiter againg.
    Last edited by GPR/STX-15F/RXT; 08-11-2008 at 07:01 AM.

+1
    I have just now got about 17 hours on my rxp-x and it runs 70 bone stock everyday I have had it out.

That is just what the stock speedmeter says though no gps to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    I have just now got about 17 hours on my rxp-x and it runs 70 bone stock everyday I have had it out.

That is just what the stock speedmeter says though no gps to confirm.
    and that means u could be running as slow as 65 in real life

my friends has said the same (07 RXP but still same circumstance) and his has always said 70 on the DREAM-o-meter but i let him use my GPS and time after time he could get past 66 and that was back in cooler temps.

so that speedometer that we all have dont mean jack, dont wana disappoint you but you may not be going as fast as you think

butttttt on the other hand you might, mine has always said 70 but i knew it was inaccurate and i used my gps and got 69.5 in small chop, actually more like ripples not even chop so i may be able to squeeze 70 out of it stock in cooler temps and flatter water so you MAY be running close to it but it could be anywhere from 67-70 from the rxp-xs ive seen and 65-70 from the rxps

yeah ive had some guys tell me, these are not accurate meaning the speedos

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPR/STX-15F/RXT View Post
    I don't understand how you RXT-X guys are reaching 73 mph in 100 degree air with only this few cheap mods you guys are very lucky, i remember very well the first day that i did a few speed runs with my 05 215HP RXT for the first time with very low in fuel with my lightweight 150 pounds a$$ and the best top end speed was 63.5 MPH i spent a arm and a leg in engine mods to reach this same speed and spent another small fortune in aftermarket props trying to find one that perform better than my oem stock one but this never happened finaly after a lot of sweet and tears and a lot of $$$ trown to the trash i bought a solas 14/17 from PPG with a custom pitch that was repitched by his head mechanic Frazier before he left the shop that out perform my oem prop in the low,mid and top end and for the first time i broke the 73 MPH barrier, ironical the same speed that most of you guys are doing with your stock prop with only 1 deg added, now i am doing close to 76 MPH in almost the same 100 degree heat as you in salt water with blistering acceleration but with another bigger prop with different spec's since that was with my early Rotax wheel, Rotax stock class ECU and 42lbs injectors set up but as soon i put my new mods the Riva S3 with the Riva ECU and 50 lbs injectors my ski started to demolish this prop also and was hiting the rev limiter at only 3/4 throttle, then when i ditch the S3 wheel and put the Rude the same thing happened and more pitch was added to the same prop to avoid hitting the rev limiter againg.
    My boat ran arround 68 or so stock once broke in good. As far as speed i cant tell you how it is done just the facts. When at Lewi 2 weeks ago it was obviously a washing machine as there were 15 of us doing some all out running. I had the GPS on and every time i checked it later in the day below 1/2 tank was between 72 to 73, no joke. Lewi is at 500 ft or so and was blistering 100+ degrees.

This past weekend at my RAD of 5,600 ft this past weekend i ran over 70 with stock tweaked prop.

I see where you are coming from as is the same hull setup but the numbers are what they are.
    If you go back and read my thread "tested new mods" you can see all my testing results breaking in the T-X on up throught today. I took some pics of gps speeds on that thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information