+1

Anyone willing to trade J-Pipes?

Anyone preferably local willing to trade J-Pipes?

I shortened my J-Pipe by 1.75" up from the bottom and now wish I didnt, so I am looking for someone local with an untouched J-Pipe to trade with.

** UPDATE ** - Decided I dont want to trade. I will test with mine again and see how it is. If I can not get it to reach my top speed and RPM, then I will have the piece I cut off welded back on and see what happens. Its just getting things fine tuned now.
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 08-12-2008 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Changed mind about trading.

Well, what didn't you like about it? I don't need another J-pipe, but if worse comes to worse for you, I've got a fairly new untouched one I'd sell for $350.

+1
    It was either a bad day for testing or the cut J-Pipe made me lose 1 MPH and 20-40 RPM. I know others have seen no difference but I would like to go back to the uncut pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    It was either a bad day for testing or the cut J-Pipe made me lose 1 MPH and 20-40 RPM. I know others have seen no difference but I would like to go back to the uncut pipe.
    Gus, did you flare what's left? You could try a 1.5" flare like Danny posted awhile back. You might pick back up what you lost.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Gus, did you flare what's left? You could try a 1.5" flare like Danny posted awhile back. You might pick back up what you lost.
    Didnt think you could flare a cut J-Pipe. I will have to contact him and see if he can do it or if it is worth the while. My local shop that I trust wasnt comfortable in flaring SS in fear of splitting the pipe.

There have been a couple of incidents recently of modified waterboxes popping open, assumingly because the stock J-pipe is too long and it's "blow-torching" them. Might be a good reason to keep it the short one, or a benefit to someone else with a modified WB.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    There have been a couple of incidents recently of modified waterboxes popping open, assumingly because the stock J-pipe is too long and it's "blow-torching" them. Might be a good reason to keep it the short one, or a benefit to someone else with a modified WB.
    True. Thats why I originally cut it, because my rubber mat melted but I wish I would have only cut 1/2" incriments though, because I "think" I lost some power cutting the full 1.75" off.

I cant flare the cut pipe, but can have some 2.25" stainless welded to it which would lengthen it. Maybe I can just have 1" piece welded rather than the full 1.75" to still maintain a little cooler waterbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    True. Thats why I originally cut it, because my rubber mat melted but I wish I would have only cut 1/2" incriments though, because I "think" I lost some power cutting the full 1.75" off.

I cant flare the cut pipe, but can have some 2.25" stainless welded to it which would lengthen it. Maybe I can just have 1" piece welded rather than the full 1.75" to still maintain a little cooler waterbox.
    You can do that...I saved the piece that was cut off when I shortened it for the gibson install just in case I wanted to go back to long.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    You can do that...I saved the piece that was cut off when I shortened it for the gibson install just in case I wanted to go back to long.
    Time to go through the trash can. I just threw that piece away. I guess I will try to make a few more passes on another day and see what the outcome is. Just after adding 4" intake I would have thought to make a gain, instead I saw the oposite. All I can think of is the J-Pipe being cut made me lose some power. From now on only 1 mod at a time.

+1
    i bet its something else... thats such a small rpm loss, i'mnot sure you can accurately see or feel it???
    fuel issue?? air temp or humidity?? heat fade??

Thread Information