Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Carbon seal upgrade

didnt someone sell some sort of upgrade to this so you dont have to replace the seal every so often? I did a search for carbon replacement and found Verns post but nothing about upgrades..didnt find it in jerry's store either..maybe i imagined i saw it before...

+1
    Rad-4 has a floating bearing type of seal to replace the carbon seal..BUT you have to have the driveshaft cut slightly to fit the bearing..Click on the link below and look at post number 2343 and you can see what it looks like..

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...32556&page=235

Master of the Dooniverse
    the carbon ring is pretty good....can't see why it would need replacement unless there was a bad misalignment. i have ones that have been in service over 10 years and are still in great shape.

i guess if you are building great power beyond stock it would be good.
    Last edited by The Wayniac; 08-11-2008 at 09:17 AM.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Rad-4 has a floating bearing type of seal to replace the carbon seal..BUT you have to have the driveshaft cut slightly to fit the bearing..Click on the link below and look at post number 2343 and you can see what it looks like..

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...32556&page=235
    Sno,

Which is the one that doesnt require the machining? Side note though. Is it just not as good as the Rad or what??

-JT

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Sno,

Which is the one that doesnt require the machining? Side note though. Is it just not as good as the Rad or what??

-JT
    I dont remeber the name of the one that doesnt require cutting but i know what one your talking about..Shibby or Reid might be the person to ask on that i THINK they had run the other one before.I could be mistaking though..And as far as one being better than the other??I Dont know I havent heard anything either way except for you having to cut the shaft with the Rad-4..

Seadoo centre sell the one that does not need machining. Just remember that you need to grease them nearly everytime you ride.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wayniac View Post
    the carbon ring is pretty good....can't see why it would need replacement unless there was a bad misalignment. i have ones that have been in service over 10 years and are still in great shape.

i guess if you are building great power beyond stock it would be good.
    Guy's running Rude's with other mods produce so much power that if they punch it from idle the ski "slips" in the water.

PPG have the rotax racing ones,same as seadoo centre ones they have em in stock,but yeah you have to grease it every time you take it out on the water

we have found the rad4 racing seal has bearings that are not long enough and doug trenches in our drive shafts, after replacing our shafts we used the seadoo centre seals and they worked perfectly without having to machine anything.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    PPG have the rotax racing ones,same as seadoo centre ones they have em in stock,but yeah you have to grease it every time you take it out on the water

The Rotax one you have to machine the drive shaft I have one.The Seadoo Centre one dosen't have to be machined.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information