Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 10 hr service

  1. #1
    07 Ultra 250x - Blue/Silver justice25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lake City TN
    Posts
    92

    10 hr service

    what all does the dealer do in the 10 hr service, having mine done this week and wondering if there is anything I need to make absoulute sure is done. I just want to make sure the ski is took care of right, I know some people have had bad luck with their dealers, but I have not heard anything bad about mine. Also dealer is paying for 1/2 of the cost, is this normal?


  2. #2
    My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    SML, VA
    Posts
    725
    +1
    4
    my 10 hour was free, pretty much everything within the first year was free. but I also buy ALOT of stuff each year

  3. #3
    07 Ultra 250x - Blue/Silver justice25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lake City TN
    Posts
    92
    is this something that should be free, or are you just lucky The dealer said $240.00 for the service, but he would pay half, so it would be $120.00 for me.

  4. #4
    Gen3Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    158
    Buy some actevo 10w40 oil (ebay $36 a case shipped)and a 16097-0003 filter or KN204 k&n filter.

    Get an oil sucker for $50 which you can use for all your oil changes.

    Check all the hose clamps for tightness

    Dont pay the dealer a dime for labor, you can do the 10hr service(and all oil changes) yourself.

  5. #5
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen3Benz View Post
    Buy some actevo 10w40 oil (ebay $36 a case shipped)and a 16097-0003 filter or KN204 k&n filter.

    Get an oil sucker for $50 which you can use for all your oil changes.

    Check all the hose clamps for tightness

    Dont pay the dealer a dime for labor, you can do the 10hr service(and all oil changes) yourself.
    they also do the warranty recalls and such as well @ the 10 hr. service so it would be a good idea to take it to the dealer

  6. #6

    Exclamation

    a 07 , make them change your spark plugs.

  7. #7
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,161
    +1
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by soberdave View Post
    a 07 , make them change your spark plugs.
    plugs are recall, so they will be free
    I always advise get first service done , that way if sh.t fall of or goes wrong atleast they have had a chance to do a spanner check , so IF /when you need warranty work done it makes it easier for them to approve claim because they have seen the ski atleast twice.

    my .02

    waz

  8. #8
    Gen3Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    they also do the warranty recalls and such as well @ the 10 hr. service so it would be a good idea to take it to the dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot
    I always advise get first service done , that way if sh.t fall of or goes wrong atleast they have had a chance to do a spanner check , so IF /when you need warranty work done it makes it easier for them to approve claim because they have seen the ski atleast twice.
    touché
    now I wish I had brought it in for the service.....but nothing is gonna go wrong with my 2fifty....
    Last edited by Gen3Benz; 08-11-2008 at 10:11 PM.

  9. #9
    07 Ultra 250x - Blue/Silver justice25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lake City TN
    Posts
    92
    Appreciate the info, I knew about the plugs, but I have not gotten anything in the mail from Kawi about any recalls, just what I have read on here. I would have thought I would have gotten something by now. But I will take it in to be on the safe side, just wondering what to look for. Thanks alot.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. winterizing 08 RXP.. 10 hr service.
    By wcmateiuc in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 05:52 PM
  2. 10 hr service question
    By CarFanatic in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 08:38 PM
  3. 10 hr service
    By chris2879 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 10:21 PM
  4. RPM after 10 hr service...
    By GTXX in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 06:03 AM
  5. Dealership 10 hr service cost!
    By Compwhiz82 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 01:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •