Comfab of Triton Trailer?

Which one would be the better trailer? The Triton is not too much more cost wise. I don't anticipate riding in Salt Water but it is always a possibility. Any thoughts?

It is my understanding the an aluminum Triton is the shiznit. Having said that, Comfab appears to make a pretty good product as well. I would take the Triton.

+1
    I am a big fan of Triton (and a dealer) and I really like the new WC2-2 I just sold mine but will be ordering a new one

+1
    I have a triton I bought new in 2000, it bent badly with the weight of my GPR

my dealer tried to reinforce it and straighten it out (they were able to improve things)

I would never buy a triton again, the 2nd trailer I recently bought was steel.

maybe if I rode in salt water I might consider a triton again, but only if they changed their design - with the design I have now the front and rear mounts for the bunks bends the frame where the axle is mounted to the frame

Had a dual Confab was ok, sold it and got a dual Shorlandr, love it!

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Unless you absolutely need to have an aluminum trailer, I'd recommend a galvanized shorelandr.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post

my dealer tried to reinforce it and straighten it out (they were able to improve things)

- with the design I have now the front and rear mounts for the bunks bends the frame where the axle is mounted to the frame
    Would you be willing to post a photo of the problem areas?

Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post

I would never buy a triton again, the 2nd trailer I recently bought was steel.

maybe if I rode in salt water I might consider a triton again, but only if they changed their design - with the design I have now the front and rear mounts for the bunks bends the frame where the axle is mounted to the frame
    I've seen only one Triton trailer break down and it was a 10 year old trailer with an oversized ski set on it with about 2 foot hanging off the back and caused it to bend the rear of the frame.
    Triton is by far the best trailer on the market.

i like triton
    that said my bud has a triton w/3 standups on it 1st it cracked right behind the fenders both sides
    after he got that repaired the tounge broke
    he had to rent a flat bed trailer to load his skis and trailer to get home
    (funny trailer on a trailer)
    now the tounge is heavily reinforced and the crack behind the fenders cabe back and now it is heavily reinforced
    it only trailers standup skis
    the local dealer sells comfab
    every one of them has so much tounge weight i belive they are gonna be part of a weight lift contest
    i see stars every time i need to load one of those bastards
    shorelander is the same way
    shorelander is the best trailer on the market just just very tounge heavy

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vomitspot View Post
    i like triton
    that said my bud has a triton w/3 standups on it 1st it cracked right behind the fenders both sides
    after he got that repaired the tongue broke

...local dealer sells comfab
    every one of them has so much tongue weight i believe they are gonna be part of a weight lift contest

... shorelander is the best trailer on the market just just very tongue heavy
    I think Triton did have a couple of years where the trailers had frame cracking problems. Late 1990's, I think it was. I don't believe the current models have any issues with frame cracking.

Tongue weight. That should be entirely controllable, but adjusting the location of the winch tower and bow roller.

On my Triton double PWC trailer, I can adjust the winch tower (and PWC) rearwards until the tongue weight is zero (but of course I would never tow it like that), or move the towers (and the PWC) forward until the tongue weight is what it should be.

On these trailers with excess tongue weight, is the position of the winch tower or bow roller not adjustable, front to rear?

Is the trailer too short for the hull, so the PWC has to be so far forward just to keep it from hanging off the back of the bunks?

Thread Information