+1

Texas Supercourse

Was Sunday really survival training?

Holy crap it was rough. I feel like one of those prehistoric animals called a megasoreass. I think that was the roughest conditions that we have ever raced in there at Somerville. You know it was bad on a 1.6 mile course with some long straights and the top average speed in the proam open was barely over 40mph. I know I had to take a break on the course on sunday when the little glove box lid came off and gave me a little suprise of its own. I had failed to pay attention to the alternate RXP that I was riding, due to mine dropping a valve before the event, had a little boost monitor zip tied to that lid. Well, when it come off it went to flopping by the cord and wouldnt leave the ski. In my futile attempts to catch it while riding in 2-4 waves one handed, it magically found a home on the seat on edge while we were in flight. Yep, you guessed it. It went right in the great divide when I landed on the seat. Well stopping seemed like the only logical thing to do until I at least stop making these seal sounds. This was a lucky break for a couple of others that were in chase allowing them to better their standings.

All in all, a good show by all that came and competed. Maura from MKC Images got a ton of air shots from the beach with her super duper lens on her digital camera.

Now if I can get the ability to sit down again I can start working on my stuff for nationals at Lake Dallas. Yeah, yeah yeah, I know, should have been on a standup.

Hambone.

+1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4544.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	88295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4566.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	88296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4568.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	88297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4572.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	88298  

+1
    #10 is Greenhulk board member Hambone

Name:	IMG_4583.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	88299   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4584.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	88300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4599.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	88301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4594.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	88302  

+1

Name:	IMG_4599.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	88303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4606.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	88304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4607.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	88305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4608.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	88306  

WHEW,....What A RACE!!!

Yes it was survival..but I did ANOTHER wind dance on Saturday night and needless to say I got down and danced too hard cause it came a blowin!

Hambone rode his ass off literally as well as all the others! It was def a KAWASAKI day! and My MACCRACING, D.C LITES RACING Kawasaki Ultra 250X ran strong ALL WEEKEND and ended up top 3! Not too shabby for a STock Boat in the OPEN class.

Well on to Dallas and Hope to see all of you out there!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Holy crap it was rough. I feel like one of those prehistoric animals called a megasoreass. I think that was the roughest conditions that we have ever raced in there at Somerville. You know it was bad on a 1.6 mile course with some long straights and the top average speed in the proam open was barely over 40mph. I know I had to take a break on the course on sunday when the little glove box lid came off and gave me a little suprise of its own. I had failed to pay attention to the alternate RXP that I was riding, due to mine dropping a valve before the event, had a little boost monitor zip tied to that lid. Well, when it come off it went to flopping by the cord and wouldnt leave the ski. In my futile attempts to catch it while riding in 2-4 waves one handed, it magically found a home on the seat on edge while we were in flight. Yep, you guessed it. It went right in the great divide when I landed on the seat. Well stopping seemed like the only logical thing to do until I at least stop making these seal sounds. This was a lucky break for a couple of others that were in chase allowing them to better their standings.

All in all, a good show by all that came and competed. Maura from MKC Images got a ton of air shots from the beach with her super duper lens on her digital camera.

Now if I can get the ability to sit down again I can start working on my stuff for nationals at Lake Dallas. Yeah, yeah yeah, I know, should have been on a standup.

Hambone.
    The great divide Damn Hambone LMAO That will slow you down

And what about the rider of the year!!!!!!! Larry Ham of Noble Racing..... CONGRADULATIONS
    Last edited by jawz; 08-12-2008 at 08:23 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan View Post
    Was Sunday really survival training?
    It was the first time 'I" remember Marty allowing 2 holders!

It was so rough, the winner was not officially acknowledged right away at the end bc of spills/missed bouys(/the great divide/lapped riders (leaders)/penalties

Thread Information