Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

07 Ultra 250x - Do I switch from an RXP??

I have the chance to buy an 07 Ultra 250x with 16 hrs fresh water, 4 yr warantee, showroom condition. I currently have an 04 RXP - riva stage 1. My questions how much faster is the RXP? What mods need to be done in order to get the Ultra to perform as the RXP? I am torn between the 2... Whats anyones opinion on the choice between the 2?? Whats the difference on 07 to 08 Ultra? Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJMatt50 View Post
    I have the chance to buy an 07 Ultra 250x with 16 hrs fresh water, 4 yr warantee, showroom condition. I currently have an 04 RXP - riva stage 1. My questions how much faster is the RXP? What mods need to be done in order to get the Ultra to perform as the RXP? I am torn between the 2... Whats anyones opinion on the choice between the 2?? Whats the difference on 07 to 08 Ultra? Thanks
    Are you in NJ? Lets line up and make your decision from there.

Whats that mean, you going to smoke the RXP? LOL

first off you cant get a ultra to out perform a rxp in speed or handling and so forth the only good buy in a ultra is rough water handling, stick with your rxp much more mods and speed to get out of it. the 07 has more problems then the 08 like gio plugs and recalls and they switched a lot of stuff between the two. if you ride in rough water get the kawi, smooth get or keep the rxp if you plan to mod it and do over 75 keep or get the rxp if you want to get lots of air wave jumping get or keep the rxp.

+1
    Out of curiosity, how fast does your stage 1 Rxp go? How much did you pay for it? Where do you ride? If you ride glass, stay with the rxp. If you ride in any kind of chop, get the Ultra. In its second year, Ultras can get to 73-74 mph for not a ton of money. I spent a lot trying stuff out to see what they do as far as performance. Now I know what it takes to get your numbers up without wasting your money. Both skis are good. Some people are bitter because they didn't know what they were doing, so they got rid of a good ski and hoped that their next one was put together properly. If they would have spent the time, they would have had their ski running like everyone elses.

The RXP does 71. I am riding in the jersey shore, some flat water, but it does get choppy... So its easier to get the 08 Ultra to go faster than an 07?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJMatt50 View Post
    The RXP does 71. I am riding in the jersey shore, some flat water, but it does get choppy... So its easier to get the 08 Ultra to go faster than an 07?
    How about this. I live in NJ. Ride mine and let me know what you think. Sound good?

ultra or rxp

ive got both ultra 250 wifes ski 05 rxp stage 3 with rude . the rxp is faster but you cant beat the ultra in chop . the ultra gpsed 69.8 the rxp is 82.7 but in chop i cant keep up its up to your riding style .the ultra riva exhaust,riva intake, groupk ride plate ,r-rated block off plates

+1
    If you are in chop, the answer is easy. It is pointless to have a ski that goes 80+ if you will never have conditions that will allow you to do that.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information