Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAIDER PERFORMANCE

Hello to all.thanks to J-ME. I know where everyone went.....I am feeling much better ,and starting to work on my ski again, i have recently reworked the entire ride plate..I ground off the skegs and the speedo plate that hangs down , it is completly smooth, I havent polished it yet but , I am sure along with the reeds it will run faster, 63.0 in some chop is my best ,but remember "NO PORTING" and an 1100........... the work that goes into getting the hook out of a plate like this is tough......I am glad to read on all the fast numbers that Fernando,Kurt,Billy, Lance,and all the rest are doing, and cant wait to see them run at "Egret", on the weekends. Also thank you to all that asked about me .
    Last edited by BULLRAIDER; 04-05-2007 at 02:01 PM.

+1
    ......I am glad to read on all the fast numbers that Fernando,Kurt,Billy, Lance,and all the rest are doing, and cant wait to see them run at "Egret", on the weekends. Also thank you to all that asked about me .
    We were there last weekend (sun)...lately been going to Angelton on the San Benard river

+1
    ......I am glad to read on all the fast numbers that Fernando,Kurt,Billy, Lance,and all the rest are doing, and cant wait to see them run at "Egret", on the weekends. Also thank you to all that asked about me .
    We were there last weekend (sun)...lately been going to Angelton on the San Benard river

....back from the dead.... J-ME's Avatar
    +1
    Great to see you post Bull.

That rideplate looks great ! Would you consider blocking off the speedo?

I have that pisser if you still want it. Let me know.

J-me, it took the longest just to find the spot where all that would fit, that actually is the second attempt, but that one fits perfect, I originally wanted to leave it on, but just decided to leave it off during the cut, I have an adapter made also that bolts in there and makes it completly flat, that I can also try, I will be needing that pisser real soon, thanks for al your help....
    WFO... i think I know the spot you are talking about Fernando told me about it one time, I actually live closer to that spot. than Egret,...just down 288, let me know when you all go......I know of one Riva forum member that will laugh when he sees this, he has been telling me for years all my loss from the speedo ramp under neath, he really knew years ago that there were gains to smoothing the ride plates, J-me I tried several ride plates jet dynamics, R/D,ocean pro,Riva and Protec, have you ever tried cutting the stock plate and only using 4 of the bolt holes instead of 6??, you cut the front of the stock plate intead of cutting it flush with the back, it really works, keeps the speedo, but no gain,cutting it flush with the hull helps, but less tracking, "AND WE NEED THAT"!!!, my best gains were from the Protec shorty....

+1
    Raider,
    Why don't you send me all your pics and descriptions, and I'll put a webpage together for you.

WOW, that sounds really cool, let me see what i can come up with.

jeff maybe one day i may have the nutz to ride that raider of your hehe

Well an exciting day is too go to galveston out in the bay and TRY to run with a faster ski , it will either scare you or excite you, I dont know why I like it ,but it will make you think about different things when you ride, I have NEVER had anyone say it was boring..............it is not as fast as I want it to be right now, but I could just imagine the Group K, Raiders running 70/72 with a N/P 1200 in the serious chop, those boys had some stones.......................you know that Mike Peavler had a really strong Raider, from Group K.................But there is a " Triple piped", 1200 N/P , with Novi carbs,in a 1994 Raider hull , that weighs a lot less than mine but looks the same, now that is one you need to ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by BULLRAIDER; 04-05-2007 at 02:01 PM.

+1
    That is a bad ass little ski

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information