Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    96 xp stroked, coffmans pipe, r&d 61.8mph gps! merfturtle's Avatar

VE 920 head orings

Anyone know where to get new orings for a miller 920 head? Are they off something else?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    All you do is stretch the stock ones. Degrease the groove and ring with carb cleaner. Install with each index finger going 180 degrees, then hold the ring in place with one finger and thumb. Use your other finger and thumb to reverse-twist the ring in the center so that when you place it in the groove it rolls into place, and stays.

Stretch them by using an old piston or something close to the groove diameter.

Thanks SS

Your welcome. I re-read your post and hope you were talking about the cylinder/head orings, but if not, the head one between the two head pieces is stretched stock too.

yep, thats the ones, but prob would have been asking about the others soon enough. I see in your postscript you have 2 VE's. Monoblocks? Any other tidbits u can throw my way are greatly appreciated!

Both of my engines were rough-matched at the cases. If you ever break the engine down completely, bolt the cylinder to the top case (making sure it is resting at the bottom (tightly) or top, against the bolts, whichever way it lines up the closest (remember for reassembly). and flip over. Use your dremel to match the edges of your cases to the cylinder to make a smooth transition to the ransfer ports. Always trim your base gasket to match the contour of the cylinder, and assemble with 1211. I've blown many a base gasket using inferior sealers. There is less than 1/8" of sealing surface on the sides, and it always seems to blow on a long wot run.

What domes and squish are you running?

I have 2 one with the monojug and the other with the stock style jugs. I havent put either one together to measure squish, but the stock style jugs has 47.5 cc domes and the monojug has 59cc marked on one of the domes. Seems like a big difference. The monojug came with a VE head that looks kinda like a 951 head. The stock stylle jugs came with the anodized miller head. Is 1211 different from 3 bond? thats what I normally use but would try 1211. What do think about the performance gains from the motor? Im running a stroked 800 now with a coffmans pipe ans 215 lbs compression. GPS at a little over 61 but gets there in a hurry!

I might have some VE 920 domes, ( I`ll have to look what cc`s ) let me know if you get stuck. And I have a new pair of miller 47.5cc with the o`ring groove.

Quote Originally Posted by hydro X View Post
    I might have some VE 920 domes, ( I`ll have to look what cc`s ) let me know if you get stuck. And I have a new pair of miller 47.5cc with the o`ring groove.
    These are for his stock cylinder 920 sleeves right?

Quote Originally Posted by merfturtle View Post
    I have 2 one with the monojug and the other with the stock style jugs. I havent put either one together to measure squish, but the stock style jugs has 47.5 cc domes and the monojug has 59cc marked on one of the domes. Seems like a big difference. The monojug came with a VE head that looks kinda like a 951 head. The stock stylle jugs came with the anodized miller head. Is 1211 different from 3 bond? thats what I normally use but would try 1211. What do think about the performance gains from the motor? Im running a stroked 800 now with a coffmans pipe ans 215 lbs compression. GPS at a little over 61 but gets there in a hurry!
    Three Bond 1211 is the whole name...same thing. I had a brainfart on the base gasket...sorry. After blowing multiple stock 6 hole gaskets I bought Cometic copper base gaskets. I think I still have Cometic's part number for them if you want it. I have 57cc twin plug domes for my Mller head, but would love to find some 53cc domes. I also have a MT (Mel milled this one too) single plug head with 51cc domes. The other head is a Rossier head...don't remember the ccs.

Differences? The 920 has GOBS of torque down low, much more than a heavier 951 in the same hull. If tuned properly you have to make sure you are holding on tight, or when you nail the gas it will throw you off the back. I rode Vince's 1020 years back...the most insanely fast ski you will ever ride.
    Last edited by 96XPSS; 08-14-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: typo correction

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information