Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: F.W.I 's gpr

F.W.I 's gpr

hi everybody
    first sorry for my horrible english , i'm french .
    i'm come from french west indies guadeloupe , where they organised "the karujet " the world rally pwc championship .

i have buy recently an 04 gp1300r with 100hours .
    the first owner has broke the motor (valve failure ) , and it has been badly repaired .
    so it seized with me after about of 30hours .

i have decided to make a complete rebuild and hull restauration with a little "tuning" .

here in guadeloupe we make a lot of offshore instead of plane water like you .

so i will tune my ski for offshore condition , not only speed .

i have read all your forum before posting , and it has been helpfull, so thanks for every one who contribute ; and if someone have question or comments/adverts don't hesitate .

to start some pict :

the trailer need to be restore too

the mats are gone , i will replace them by hydroturf soon

hull have some scrach going to be repaired and paint with epoxy black gel coat

removing the motor

out

the crankshaft is good , but will be replaced by an brand new hot rod trued and welded one , i have sell this one .

start to disassemble and first wash .

i have order some part from some user of this forum and other

free flow tdr :

r&d exhaust valve

efi riva racing

D plate (oem yamaha ) & chip

riva coupler :

carbon fiber & fiberglass to reinforce hull and pump tunnel
    that's all for now

i want to know something :

what do you think about this handle bar (for wake jumping and offshore use ) :

what do you think about cylinder slevees , are they as reliable as a cylinder without and nickasiled .
    where i lived they don't do nickasil , and i have order wiseco sleeves to repair my clinder .
    will i lost power with sleeves ?

what can i do to no seized my motor ( i will go premix ) like piston or cylinder mod ?

thanks for all
    Last edited by gzk; 08-11-2008 at 08:47 PM.

+1
    Nice to see someone did their homework. Good luck on the build! There are plenty of good people here to guide you in the right direction.

no one else to help me ?

+1
    Many here would say a coated cylinder would is better but if your only option is a sleeve then you really don't have a choice. I like the bars. Let us know how they work.

i haven't buy the bar yet .
    i'm looking for someone who know that kind of bar before purchasing .

for the cylinder another way it's to send it to france but they ask me as much money as a new oem cylinder .

and if i get seized again it will cost me each time to send it to france etc..

is anybody turning with sleeves here ?

+1
    Welcome to the Forum !

Personally I dont like the sleeves as they dont dissapate heat as fast as the Nicasil imbedded ones, plus the ports never match up correctly with the pressed in sleeves.

I have done a few bone stock motors with sleeves, but have told my customers not to modify the engine in any way to prolong the life of the engine.

You can send your cylinders to a company here stateside for nicasil and repair

http://www.mt-llc.com/

-Definately recommend removing the oil injection and premix fuel at 40:1.

-Use the 05 and newer head gasket as it provides better cooling, especially to #3 cyl

-You may also want to look into the Jetworks exhaust mod.
    Last edited by GPryan; 08-12-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added 'heat' for better understanding (His primary language is not english)

TRIPLE PIPES ARE 2-STROKE TURBOS allcool's Avatar
    IMHO, If you use steel cyl sleeves, you are going backwards performance wise.
    Most all manufactures of new high performance engines are going to, or have gone to, hard chromed cyls (nicasil).

WFO is correct, nik'd cyl dissipate heat faster allowing more advanced timing and cyl pressure, this=more HP and reliability.

If you use steel liners and will be running hard at wot than you better do 1 of 3 things.
    Retard timing from stock since your detonation thresh hole will be lower with steel liners than stock nik'd aluminum cyl. or lower compression or last and least desirable option is run higher octane fuel to help keep deto under control... either way you lose some power.

If you run your boat hard at prolonged wot, with steel cyl liners, with stock timing curve and stock compression which was tuned/ engineered for high heat dissipation nik'd cyls, you will suffer the consequence eventually. You will have a low durability high probability of detonation engine...especially on regular low test gas.
    By the way, how is your gas in French west Indies, Guadeloupe ?

WFO recommends send your cyls to Millennium Technologies for renik/reconditioning.
    I agree 100%.

If you need 3 cyl then this might be the right time for a big bore re-nik or porting or both. At least get stock bore re-nik cyls with a set of pro-x pistons.

Glad you are going with a new crank. IMO you are being smart and thorough, on a new to you mystery lower end, to go with a new TW crank...good move to start with a strong foundation.
    Do not cheese out with the cyls.

There just were a couple of used good condition cyls on the forum for sale. This might be another good less expensive way to go.

jmo
    allcool

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Welcome to the Forum !

Personally I dont like the sleeves as they dont dissapate heat as fast as the Nicasil imbedded ones, plus the ports never match up correctly with the pressed in sleeves.

I have done a few bone stock motors with sleeves, but have told my customers not to modify the engine in any way to prolong the life of the engine.

You can send your cylinders to a company here stateside for nicasil and repair

http://www.mt-llc.com/

-Definately recommend removing the oil injection and premix fuel at 40:1.

-Use the 05 and newer head gasket as it provides better cooling, especially to #3 cyl

-You may also want to look into the Jetworks exhaust mod.
    +1

ok thanks
    i will contact you shop for nicaksil .

how much for a big bore kit for the gp including cylinder boring and nickasiled + piston ?

in guadeloupe we have 95 octane fuel

sorry but what does imho mean
    Last edited by gzk; 08-12-2008 at 10:14 PM.

+1
    welcome to the forum dzk !

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information