Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

SHO Impeller upgrade

OK guys, I have installed the free flow exhaust kit, intake upgrade and the air filter upgrade kit, so now like most of you have already reported my ski is not any faster at take off due to hitting the rev limiter. I have heard you guys talk about reworking the prop to help with this, has anyone done this? Is there a modified impeller available from someone like Solas? My next upgrades are the ride plate and the intake grate but while I work on this I would like to also take care of the impeller. There are not any prop shops around here I would trust to do this and the trial and error of sending it off multiple times is not optimal either. If I do send it off I would like to send it where someone else has and they already know the pitch to tune it to. Any advice would be great.

Superair

+1
    Nobody has any yet as far as I know. I do not believe you can even buy a prop removal tool yet. I do know from very good sources that people are working on it.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by superair View Post
    OK guys, I have installed the free flow exhaust kit, intake upgrade and the air filter upgrade kit, so now like most of you have already reported my ski is not any faster at take off due to hitting the rev limiter. I have heard you guys talk about reworking the prop to help with this, has anyone done this? Is there a modified impeller available from someone like Solas? My next upgrades are the ride plate and the intake grate but while I work on this I would like to also take care of the impeller. There are not any prop shops around here I would trust to do this and the trial and error of sending it off multiple times is not optimal either. If I do send it off I would like to send it where someone else has and they already know the pitch to tune it to. Any advice would be great.

Superair
    Call R&D. Last I heard the props were either available, or will be very soon. Took a long time to find the right prop combination is what I heard.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I would think that the currnet dynafly could be machined to fit if you could not wait. As I understand it, the pump is the same, the driveshaft and threads are just bigger on the sho. Impros or skat should be able to help.

Prop

Quote Originally Posted by superair View Post

Superair
    Hi, I have done the same mods as yourself and also hit the rev limiter.
    I then installed a 13/21 prop which stoped it from hitting the rev limiter.
    Results ,some cavitation off the mark with good acceleration,good midrange power with a top speed at 69mph.
    I will be fitting a R&d intake grate tomorrow witch should help the cavitation problem, I will also be fitting the monster wheel at the same time and hoping to get some good results.

The DRIVESHAFT HOLDER TOOL is available. as of now the only one thats available is the OEM ( expensive )

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi, I have done the same mods as yourself and also hit the rev limiter.
    I then installed a 13/21 prop which stoped it from hitting the rev limiter.
    Results ,some cavitation off the mark with good acceleration,good midrange power with a top speed at 69mph.
    I will be fitting a R&d intake grate tomorrow witch should help the cavitation problem, I will also be fitting the monster wheel at the same time and hoping to get some good results.

what do your think your results will be with the monster wheel?

monster wheel

Quote Originally Posted by 345 Yamaha Killa View Post
    what do your think your results will be with the monster wheel?
    Hoping to get a little more power, will post the results after i have taken it for a run.

+1
    R&D Pro Pitch Impeller

The new R&D Pro Pitch Impellors developed specifically for the new 2008 Yamaha SHO are here! The Yamaha SHO’s 1.8 liter engine platform has low ceiling rev limiter functions that offer an ultra soft cut at 7750 RPM and a soft cut at 7750 plus. The rev limiter functions on the new SHO are almost like traction control, a rev limiter that you almost do not feel in rough water conditions. Engine performance modifications to the SHO add great power and speed, however, peak engine rpm’s must be kept down around 7650 – 7700. R&D offers a complete custom line of impellor pitch combinations that will keep the engine rpm’s in check allowing power adding bolt on air filter, intake manifold, intercooler, supercharger, and exhaust kits, and performance modifications. R&D has the power adders and the perfect impellor packages to keep the power hooked up. More power to pull a taller prop equals more acceleration and top speed performance.

Pt. # 132-01220…..12/20 – R&D Pro Pitch (stock and performer kit replacement impellor)
    Pt. # 132-01221…..12/21 – R&D Pro Pitch (4000 ft/100 deg. performer kit w/power core sleeve kit)
    Pt. # 132-01222…..12/22 – R&D Pro Pitch (sea-level/80 deg. performer kit w/power core sleeve kit)
    Pt. # 132-01323…..13/23 – R&D Pro Pitch (4000 ft/100 deg. stage 1 kit w/ C1 wheel / S1 Intercooler)
    Pt. # 132-01324…..13/24 – R&D Pro Pitch (sea-level/80 deg. Stage 1 kit w/ C1 wheel /S1 Intercooler)

+1
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 08-13-2008 at 07:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information