Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How is the riding in SE FL?

I have been thinking about moving to Miami lately. How is the riding down there? I have been boating up and down the intercoastal but it was a long time ago and I think I remember the entire IC water way was no wake. Is that correct? Are there any lakes around? I enjoy riding the surf sometimes but mostly I like riding glassy waters. Is there a such thing down that way?

Come on down!!

Quote Originally Posted by greasyginzo View Post
    I have been thinking about moving to Miami lately. How is the riding down there? I have been boating up and down the intercoastal but it was a long time ago and I think I remember the entire IC water way was no wake. Is that correct? Are there any lakes around? I enjoy riding the surf sometimes but mostly I like riding glassy waters. Is there a such thing down that way?
    Check out www.soflariders.net of which I am a proud member. We do it all! Read the threads on our latest weekend trip. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67172

Waves, running & racing.

Hope you can join us.

+1

MIAMI

(WELCOME TO JETSKI HEAVENS) CHECK OUT WWW.SOFLARIDERS.NET, AND YOU WILL SEE WHY? ENJOY IT

Banned User
    Not many flat glassy water's around here.. There is some lakes depending on the day of the week, alittle ride north is where the true riding is !!(Kissimmee River & St. Johns).. There are Canals down in Miami that are flat and glassy but are about 30 feet wide and 10+ miles long..Not much fun but great for testing.. Like the guys said, we travel alot through out Florida to some great riding spots!!

+1
    Glassy. . couple of times here and there . . but if thats what you want . . you have the keys an hour away from you (being in miami) !! and thats pretty much what it is all about down there !!!! you will not be dissapointed if you came down here !!!!
    you have some spots in the i.c where you can ride . . i actually ride the east side of the "I.C.W" (not 100% sure what it is called) but you have days where you can just go wide open all day there !!

I think I remember the entire IC water way was no wake. Is that correct?
    Not true. Although when in the Upper Keys on the bay side north of the intracoastal is the Everglades National Park, no no for PWC's. Plus where the Intracoastal goes through Biscayne National Park is totally off limits for PWC's.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by inothome View Post
    Not true. Although when in the Upper Keys on the bay side north of the intracoastal is the Everglades National Park, no no for PWC's. Plus where the Intracoastal goes through Biscayne National Park is totally off limits for PWC's.
    I got busted when we were down for Full Moon.. Note to self: If your looking around thinking this is awesome, were out here by ourselfs.. There's a reason for that It's called Everglades National Park..Woops
    Cop had a flats boat with a 300 on the rear..He laughed and said " I was hoping you'd run"..I was thinking, I glad you didn't show up 10 minutes earlier .

How far in to the park were you, just gave you a warning I hope.

I've never gone near Biscayne National Park because I found out about it before I got my ski. But for visitors and such, is there any signage or anything on the ICW entering Biscayne National?? Otherwise how are people supposed to know? So many dumb restricted area's and most of the time they have no signage or anything. And even worse, finding maps of these restricted area's is even more difficult.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by inothome View Post
    How far in to the park were you, just gave you a warning I hope.

Sooo far... Took 45 minutes just to get back to the ICW heading right to the big radio tower in by mile marker 82 or so.. We were island hopping and got very far offshore..It was so fun it had to be illegal Funny thing is the guy pulled us back to one of the islands to show us the damage our "Jet pumps" were causing as a 24' walk around ran ashore in the shallows.. So I say "that's not illegal" and he said "don't be a smart ass" ...

To answer the other question about signage.. I saw some signs but it's a big ocean, I guess if I stopped to read any of them or the ones at the ramp, I most likely would have known.

And yes just a warning and the funniest part is he wanted to race afterwards and I handed his ass to him.
    Last edited by Alex13; 08-13-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information