New 07 FX HO - After ride cleaning

Proud new owner of an 07 FX HO! Blown away by how incredible it is, should have bought one years ago! This is my first ski and I was wondering if anyone had a simple, after-ride checklist that they followed. I want to keep this ski in good shape for years to come and would appreciate any tips, including how to keep it spot free, shiny and black! Also the only thing that worried me a little was about a cup of water that I soaked up with rags in the back, bilge compartment area. I'm sure a little water is normal, but I just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Smile

They all get water in there. Some sponge it out, some get a plastic tube and syphon it out, and others just leave it.
    I guess I'm guilty of all three. BUT, I do keep it all well sprayed after every ride.
    I'm using silicon spray at the moment as the SHO---same hull as yours, has lots of rubber in there and silicon should not damage it.

Water spots are an issue. I find mainly as soon as it's washed chamois it all dry fast helps. Also a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar sprayed on and wiped off hard helps to remove the water marks.

Good luck. Nice ski. Have fun.

Congrats on the new ski bldguy, where'd you find the 07? I too just got an 07, however have not picked it up yet.

+1
    First line of order-put a nice "polymer" wax job on it. Do not use Carnauba waxes as they really don't hold up well to the extreme environment. After waxing use the Aerospace 303 on the entire ski including all trim, floor mats(soak those suckers real good!) and any glass or plexi. wipe down any excess and then buff dry to take streaks out. You will find that with the Aerospace 303 it is a fine layer but no yellow buildup and it will actually keep the hard water and salt spots from attaching to your paint and dash trim.

After use do as Gos mentioned...50/50 water and white vinegar. Don't waste your money on the spot remover sales pitch, they do the same as the vinegar. After each use you can wipe it dry after washing and apply a coat of the Aerospace 303...keep it waxed with the polymer every 3 to 6 months. This will keep your ski looking nice and the floor mats won't get hard water buildup!

Picked up my ski at a place called Castle Powersports in Nashville, TN. Would recommend them to anyone! Great bunch of folks and they had some nice Triumph bikes to feast your eyes on as well.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the gos View Post
    They all get water in there. Some sponge it out, some get a plastic tube and syphon it out, and others just leave it.
    I guess I'm guilty of all three. BUT, I do keep it all well sprayed after every ride.
    I'm using silicon spray at the moment as the SHO---same hull as yours, has lots of rubber in there and silicon should not damage it.

Water spots are an issue. I find mainly as soon as it's washed chamois it all dry fast helps. Also a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar sprayed on and wiped off hard helps to remove the water marks.

Good luck. Nice ski. Have fun.
    +1...gratz on ur new ski....its a blast

What's the best brand of wax you guys (or gals) use?

Quote Originally Posted by bldguy65 View Post
    Elbow grease. LOL.
    I don't know if it's the best or not, but have just ever used car polish every couple of months on all my ski's over past 20 odd years.
    I give the cars a go twice a year.
    I have Turtle Wax here at the moment----not sure it it's in USA????????

South west Mo-25 miles from Tablerock lake.

2007 Fx-ho

Quote Originally Posted by bldguy65 View Post
    Congratulations on your new ski!! I use Nu Finish on mine. I have used it for years on all my boats and trucks. 50-50 white vinegar for waterspots--then a quick wash with generic car wash with wax. Wipe her down and she looks new again!! 47 hours on her first season so far. Run's flawlessly!! jimyed

Thread Information