Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Super Charger problems

Ultra 250 ski with around 60 hours on it and the super charger belt is busted. $45 bucks for belt. $1064 labor to put it on. Have to remove the motor. Kawasaki said belt was supposed to be checked at 10 hours and every 25 hours after that. Missed that bullentin. Have any of you experienced this problem and have you had the belt checked?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Ultra 250 ski with around 60 hours on it and the super charger belt is busted. $45 bucks for belt. $1064 labor to put it on. Have to remove the motor. Kawasaki said belt was supposed to be checked at 10 hours and every 25 hours after that. Missed that bullentin. Have any of you experienced this problem and have you had the belt checked?

Pay me 900 inlcudes parts and labor.

broken belt

dont let them fool you you dont have to pull motor pull motor mount bolts the engine will slid forward enough to twist the new belt in kawasaki even had a bulliten on it i can pull it tomorrow if needed it takes about 3 -31/2 hours to do one my wifes ski has broke two belts already in 25hrs

Quote Originally Posted by allairch View Post
    dont let them fool you you dont have to pull motor pull motor mount bolts the engine will slid forward enough to twist the new belt in kawasaki even had a bulliten on it i can pull it tomorrow if needed it takes about 3 -31/2 hours to do one my wifes ski has broke two belts already in 25hrs

Dang-2 in 25 hrs...imagine you having 300 hrs on that ski...how many times you going to have to do that? Well, at least its not as bad as when the Sea-Screwya ceramic washers go. You have any Gas in Oil probs with the wifes ski?

thats a little steep! And these guys are right, you dont have to pull the motor, simply slide it fwd! If your worried about breaking belts, R&D sells a "belt holder" kit. Order that, and an extra belt or two, and while the motor is slid fwd, install the holder, and extra belts. Kill two birds with one stone!

Where are you located?

OMG, sounds like the dealer didnt know what he was doing or needed to pad his pocket. The belt is probably installed overtight thus causing it to break. Buy a belt guage and check it yourself. Dealers are notorious for not doing things right.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    [quote=Dubz1;761431]thats a little steep! And these guys are right, you dont have to pull the motor, simply slide it fwd! If your worried about breaking belts, R&D sells a "belt holder" kit. Order that, and an extra belt or two, and while the motor is slid fwd, install the holder, and extra belts. Kill two birds with one stone!

That is way crazy of a price for that job.................

Heres a cheaper version of a belt holder............

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showpost...&postcount=290

broken belt

yes it was the dealer installing the first two belts two tight the first one was because the bolts came out of the supercharger plate and cracked the oil pan at 9 hours then it came off in about 1/2 hour they replaced it .It then lasted about 1/2hour to an hour it broke i took it back and showed them and told them to give me the belt and i would install it it has been on for about 14 hours now .Gio yes it does have that problem

Dude you buy the belt and Ill do it for free in less then an hour and then we can go riding for the rest of the day. Oh beers on you too, so it might be cheaper to take it to that dealer.

Excuse my language but your dealer is FUCKING you.

Here is how you do it per Kawasaki.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39869
    on post one download the PDF that says K-Tech 20-1. On the last page is how to do it in an hour. Show your dealer how much of a dill weed they are.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Its all in the service manual...................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information