04 GTX S/C P1202 error

Hi all,
    I took my 04 GTX into Hahm motorsports in Anaheim, CA cause I keep getting the error code beeping and I can't ride over 35mph on the jetski

someone told me on on this board that it was in "Limp Mode" because of the error code

The ski has been in there for two weeks and they finally got back to me saying that it was a damage impeller that was causing the 35mph limit and I asked him about the code ...he than said he'll get back to me after talking to the tech

The dealer said he put it in the tank and thats why it's limiting me to 35mph

I don't think it sounds right.....and its been two weeks I don't have time to pull it to another dealer and tell them they're wrong after wasting two weeks with them

anybody have any suggestions?

thanks

P1202 is the oil pressure switch trouble code. You could change it in 15 minutes and it costs around $25. The early 4-Tec engines had a bad batch of these sensors. It sounds like you need a new dealer... Ron

does the computer need to be reset by the dealer? I'm going down there tomorrow to get my jetski back and tell them to pay my money back when I put it in there the first place .... $700 they charge me for annual maintance and to change a wear ring at the impeller saying it was damage...they should have also notice the bad impeller if they changed my wear ring the first time I broght it in for the error code

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    P1202 is the oil pressure switch trouble code. You could change it in 15 minutes and it costs around $25. The early 4-Tec engines had a bad batch of these sensors. It sounds like you need a new dealer... Ron

You might want to check out this link and maybe print a copy to take with you to the dealer:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137

Where are you located and what dealer did you go to?... Ron

I just printed it and going with to the dealer after work ...I also checked them out on BBB website..they got a big FAT "F" on their website

I'm located in Fullerton, CA (Orange County)

I took it to Hahm Motorsports in Anaheim

I'm asking for a full refund and to see their Sea-doo tech license

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    You might want to check out this link and maybe print a copy to take with you to the dealer:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137

Where are you located and what dealer did you go to?... Ron

Ok here is what I got as an explanation from the stupid dealer

he said my Impeller is bad and that is why it's causing me to go 35mph and that my intake grate is missing so its not restricting air flow of water into the Ski

I asked him what about the error code, he said its just an ECM problem not storing the memory and he'll fix that

I argue with him trying to get my money back and we finally concluded that he'll fix everything for $535.00 and if it still beeps, I'll take it back and he'll give all my money back and will fix it all again until it works for free

so, overall, I will doubt this will fix my problem, but lets see

oh btw, I looked them up on BBB website, and they have a big fat "F" grade

If you put the charges on your credit card, don't wait too long to see if they fix the problem. If the interval is over 1 month, I understand that you can't dispute the charges... Ron

guduf4u,

I feel your pain, I too brought my ski to Hahm. They had it for two weeks and still couldnt get it right. I was pissed, so I just pulled my ski from those incompetent bas*ards. By the help of these boards, I was able to fix my 03 SC. I will never bring my ski to Hahm for any service. As others have said it is the oil pressure switch. It is a twenty dollar part that takes no more than a few minutes to replace.

Gary

You might consider posting a message in the Sea Doo General tab titled "Recommended Sea Doo Dealers" so that others can see your problem with that dealer... Ron

Thread Information