Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Whats up with the R&D C5 charger?

Does anyone have it hooked up or have used it in their ski? It seems to have pretty high boost 11psi at 8000rpm. I dont know i'm a little nervious to get it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I have one. No boost gauge yet though. I run a 07 RXP, OPAS removal plates, a solas 15/20R (untouched). Pump wedge and extension rod, riva grate, XS intercooler, groco stainer, rrfpr, rear exhaust, 4 " home made front intake, home made catch can. Ride plate holes filled, skegs, metal washers and the C5 monster charger, of course. Don't know the boost numbers yet, but I can tell you that I do run 77 at 8120-8140 consistantly. I can hit the upper 77s most of the time and have seen lower 78s on occasion. I run salt water, the water temp has been in the mid/upper 80s, air temp in the mid 90s and humidity in always high. I weigh 170lbs. Hope this helps. My next mod will be a boost guage, just need to decide on where to put it.

As far as the c5 goes. Only negative thing I noticed is I that the machining seemed a bit rough compared to the stock wheel, but not in a way that it would negatively impact performance or balance. It uses the X front housing with a spacer, (included). Not sure about the hours, but I've run the dog *&$^ out of it for the last month or so. Overally I am pleased with it. Hope this helps.

Banned User
    +1
    I rode a Stage 3 ski with it a few weeks ago...NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by dduck1628 View Post
    I have one. No boost gauge yet though. I run a 07 RXP, OPAS removal plates, a solas 15/20R (untouched). Pump wedge and extension rod, riva grate, XS intercooler, groco stainer, rrfpr, rear exhaust, 4 " home made front intake, home made catch can. Ride plate holes filled, skegs, metal washers and the C5 monster charger, of course. Don't know the boost numbers yet, but I can tell you that I do run 77 at 8120-8140 consistantly. I can hit the upper 77s most of the time and have seen lower 78s on occasion. I run salt water, the water temp has been in the mid/upper 80s, air temp in the mid 90s and humidity in always high. I weigh 170lbs. Hope this helps. My next mod will be a boost guage, just need to decide on where to put it.

As far as the c5 goes. Only negative thing I noticed is I that the machining seemed a bit rough compared to the stock wheel, but not in a way that it would negatively impact performance or balance. It uses the X front housing with a spacer, (included). Not sure about the hours, but I've run the dog *&$^ out of it for the last month or so. Overally I am pleased with it. Hope this helps.
    dduck1628 were you out at Huegernot Park this past weekend? if so I believe you ran with jeff and robert. Im curious to know how the R&D C5 which claims that with 91 octane boost is rated at 11/13 psi with a 35-40 horsepower increase and a 3 plus MPH gain stacks up against the Rivas Stage 3 boosting at 10.5 lbs. The price difference is not that much when you consider the possibility of gaining 2.5 psi more than the Riva and a 3 plus MPH gain. But in the real world are these numbers for real and what type of setup is needed to maximize performance on this Supercharger. Also in guestion is the reliability or long term effecton the 4 tec engines, can the 4 tec handle it? Will you need a fuel pressure regulator? or bigger injectors? I would like to get one but I would wait until more info. is available. Maybe danny can do some flow testing on these 2.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Wait for Nils new X wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I rode a Stage 3 ski with it a few weeks ago...NICE!
    Is it better than the stage 3 wheel?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil828 View Post
    Is it better than the stage 3 wheel?

Night/Day difference...both pull hard, but the C5 has a more down low and up top is got the edge...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Night/Day difference...both pull hard, but the C5 has a more down low and up top is got the edge...
    sweet i think thats whats im going to go with

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    dduck1628 were you out at Huegernot Park this past weekend? if so I believe you ran with jeff and robert. Im curious to know how the R&D C5 which claims that with 91 octane boost is rated at 11/13 psi with a 35-40 horsepower increase and a 3 plus MPH gain stacks up against the Rivas Stage 3 boosting at 10.5 lbs. The price difference is not that much when you consider the possibility of gaining 2.5 psi more than the Riva and a 3 plus MPH gain. But in the real world are these numbers for real and what type of setup is needed to maximize performance on this Supercharger. Also in guestion is the reliability or long term effecton the 4 tec engines, can the 4 tec handle it? Will you need a fuel pressure regulator? or bigger injectors? I would like to get one but I would wait until more info. is available. Maybe danny can do some flow testing on these 2.
    Yes Blue Thunder I was a Hugenot Park Sunday, on a black and yellow RXP. I usually ride with a friend on a white and blue GP1300R. Don't know Jeff and Robert though, unless they were the ones with the Black and Red RXT and the RXPX. I had the same concerns with the C5. Without knowing real numbers I played it safe and assumed it would perform as advertised, (I'll post as soon as I install a boost gauge). Not knowing how it would actually perform is one reason I went with the Rude RRFPR. The 42 lbs injector route may possible have delivered enough fuel at full boost and RPM to prevent a lean condition, but it would have been borderline, if all sufficient. Also, it seemed to me that it would cause part throttle fuel ratio to be on the rich side. I realize that it may not even be noticeable, but I spend a fair amount of time in no wake zones and the GF rides pretty slow too. Also based on what I have read here, it's my understanding that anything with boost levels at or higher that the S3 SC should use either the riva or rotax racing ECU w/required injectors that they are mapped for or the RRFPR. The C5 falls in this category.
    I have the RRFPR fuel pressure set to the recommended 60 psi, but I would really like to see what the actual AF ratio really is at WOT and tweak the fuel pressure if necessary. Itís only way to be sure and itís definitely on my "to do list". I'm relatively new modding these 4 tecs and everything I know if from reading posts on this board so please correct me if I'm wrong. Last thing I want to do is pass on bad advice.

Should i run 50lb injectors with the C5?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information