98 wave venture excessive smoke

Hi, I'm posting this for a friend ,someone gave him a 98 wave venture,it runs fine but at idle and no-wake speed the smoke is choking him ,it still has the stock oil injection.Is this normal or is there an adjustment or can it be the brand of oil,which oil makes the least amount of smoke?we all know smoke means oil,oil is good,but he can't breathe!
    Thank for any help >scott

I know what you mean. I've been trying to figure the same thing out myself. From what I understand, switching over to a good synthetic oil will cut back on the smoke whether it's injected or if you go to a premix. There's a ton of people on here who will suggested Amsoil, but there's also some who just run up to WalMart and buy some Pennzoil Synthetic.

It might just be a guess and check - make the switch and see what you think, if you don't like it - switch again.

Side topic: oil injection on these things has a nasty reputation of failing. It would be a good idea to either replace all the oil lines (the usual point of failure) or to just scrap the injection all together and go premix.

the stock injection is constant rate unfortunately not variable rate so the only way to stop excesive smoke is to premix 100% synthetic oil as stated i use pennzoil synthetic from walmart on my highly modified raiders with zero problems i run 32:1 but on stock motor run 50:1

or if you really want to keep oil injection you can replace it with a variable rate from a gp1200

Thanks all, i'll pass it on if he has not read it here for himself?My suggestion would be premix also!>scott

Thread Information