1992 SL 650 THANKS! little more help

I ordered the three exhaust and one manifold to muffler gasket and installed them and torqued them down. Did a leak test everything is ok. The problem that I may have thought of too late is this, the new gaskets are different than the old ones. The new ones have small holes where the water jacket is, where the old ones have elongated holes. Will this cause over heating or am I worrying for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by chazdo2 View Post
    I ordered the three exhaust and one manifold to muffler gasket and installed them and torqued them down. Did a leak test everything is ok. The problem that I may have thought of too late is this, the new gaskets are different than the old ones. The new ones have small holes where the water jacket is, where the old ones have elongated holes. Will this cause over heating or am I worrying for nothing.
    Where did you purchase the gaskets? I just recently put by 92 sl 650 back together and used the one continous gasket to go across all three manifolds which was alot easier on assembly and they matched the factory gasket profiles with the elongated holes. I first had a difficult time trying to track down the continous gasket but found it at Atlantic Jet Sports.
    http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/

I'm not completely sure if the gaskets you have in there now will affect the flow but in my opinion you want them as open as possible especially the way the 92 cooling system is set-up but again just my opinion.

Thread Information