Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Lowell just left my house.

We've been talking and dissecting jetskis all morning. We looked though my carbs, cylinders and cases. I went over piece by piece the GPR engine and hull. I showed him the triple pipes, valves, waterlines, intermediate, couplers we went through everything. The guy is incredibly smart and I was able to pick his brain during my shop tour.

He is taking parts back to Montana from Lightnin'. What they return as....oh, my.

We GPR riders have an incredible resource in Lowell Horning. He is the real deal. I just wish we could have gotten him out on the water...it would have been nice for him to have a hands on knowledge of on the water performance. Hopefully we can get him to go to Mudbug.

I did'nt get to take pics, we were too busy and forgot...but it was great to have me & Lowell sticking our heads in the ski and getting dirty.

[VinnieSopranovoice] We got plans... Lots of plans![VinnieSopranovoice]

+1
    We GPR riders have an incredible resource in Lowell Horning
    Fercho and I had lunch with him last Sat. He and his wife seemed like very nice people...not like a "dog eat dog" shop owner. I hope we all can benifit from his knowledge of 2 stroke racing and R&D.

He said the key to making good power and tuning his machine work was
    to give him feedback on our testing. The more details, the better.
    I was shocked...most machinists are just interested in the $$$

Great people... I personally look forward to doing business with him in the future...and of course we told him to check out our NEW forum !!!

By the way...he does read the forums, so watch out

+1
    Cant wait to hear your going 90mph.

If I ever get a real job Ill send him some cylinders.
    Pistonwash you sound a little excited.

I hope you get them back soon good luck.
    SCOTT...

+1
    I don't think anyone will go 90...but in order to go faster, you must do fast modifications. I showed him the achilles heels of the ski (pump) and what props we use etc...I think he can now get a visual on what is taking place in the power to the water scenario.

There are some gains to be made for us...listen to Fernando about prop/pump choices. These are huge in getting more speed to the water. As far as porting and other speed to be had, Mr. Horning has it covered. I am ready to go for a little extra oomph. We will see what happens in the weeks to come.

If you are planning to go big bore or just have porting done, now is this the time to do it. It's down time for most people, so take advantage of the lull and get your mods done.

Hopefully '06 will have a number of GPR's that will be knocking on the 80mph door...with single pipes.

+1
    It's down time for most people, so take advantage of the lull and get your mods done.
    Just remember one thing...Lowell is big on snowmobiles, and its peak season up north

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO
    It's down time for most people, so take advantage of the lull and get your mods done.
    Just remember one thing...Lowell is big on snowmobiles, and its peak season up north
    Yeah but...he ain't reeeal busy right now. He's just waiting on US Chrome to get alot of his stuff back. If you want your stuff done, do it now.

[/quote]

Just remember one thing...Lowell is big on snowmobiles, and its peak season up north [/quote]

The sled guy's are a natural for this kind of work. I was totally excited when I first found out that Lowell is a sled guy. Similar engines but sleds make WAY more power. So it would seem the natural choice for those looking for big HP to go to a guy like Lowell. I wondered what was taking so long lol.

+1
    Just got through with dinner and another board member.
    He's a newbie to the GPR speed chase...pit's Patmc90210-768-niner-2 Or whatever his screen name is. Great guy..we need to welcome a new convert to the quest for speed! :P

Anyone else wanna come down and eat crab claws and ride skis?? Gimme a holler.

+1
    Anyone else wanna come down and eat crab claws and ride skis?? Gimme a holler.
    You could help a brotha out and pack up some of those claws in dry ice, and ship them to a desert state...like arizona.

You drive out in the morning?

Hey Piston,

It was great meeting you tonigt and thanks for getting me out of my hotel room. The next time I come down here I'll see if my company will ship my ski that way we can go riding.

Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information