Some VTS questions. Usage

By some stroke of luck the VTS actually works on the ski I just picked up. I've only had the ski out for 30min and never really played with the VTS much. I'm fixing a leaky exhaust and some other maintenience issues before putting it back in the water, but had some questions before doing so.

How much do you guys actually play with this? I'm inclined not to hammer on the VTS knowing how problematic it is. Is there kind of a general use position I should just leave it in? I mainly like to go mid speed and just jump wakes and carve. Also am I correct to assume that having it angled down is to eleviate porposing at slow speeds and leveled out for max speed? Thanks for any tips!

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by JJLee138 View Post
    By some stroke of luck the VTS actually works on the ski I just picked up. I've only had the ski out for 30min and never really played with the VTS much. I'm fixing a leaky exhaust and some other maintenience issues before putting it back in the water, but had some questions before doing so.

How much do you guys actually play with this? I'm inclined not to hammer on the VTS knowing how problematic it is. Is there kind of a general use position I should just leave it in? I mainly like to go mid speed and just jump wakes and carve. Also am I correct to assume that having it angled down is to eleviate porposing at slow speeds and leveled out for max speed? Thanks for any tips!

I go up and down with mine all the time with no problems.. when you launch you want your VTS all the way down then as you climb onto plane go up a notch above middle with your VTS.. It brings the bow of your ski up, less drag = more speed.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJLee138 View Post

Oh the VTS can be fun on a 96 XP, Next time you're bored put the trim all the way up sand on the back of the ski and play with the throttle If you can get all the way verticle and not fall off you have mastered that trick

General usage I would say about 1 tick below level

Dam, other than a turbo RXPX, i would want a 96 Xp, they sounds like the funnest ski ever

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bron1c View Post
    Dam, other than a turbo RXPX, i would want a 96 Xp, they sounds like the funnest ski ever
    The 96 xp(and 97-99 SPX) are the pinnacle of the old school couch. From an era where the body position of the rider had as much to do with handling as hull mods. The 110 hp 787 is a screamer, its really the perfect engine for the platform. If you have never ridden an X-4 ski(or one of its predicesors) you can't really know what a nimble ski is(exceptions are those who have ridden a sport, stand up, ot Kawi 750SS)

Dang, there was a sharp looking 96 XP down the road from me for sale a couple weeks ago and it sold yesterday, I was thinking of trying to talk my Dad into buying it, I guess I should of grown a pair and asked huh?

Thread Information