Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar

1964 Chevelle Malibu SS

I have come to the conclusion that my monitary supply is finite.

That means at this time I cant really afford to continue restoring my '64 and play with my PWCs.

So I am testing the waters of selling my classic.

This is a 1964 Malibu SS(not a typo in 64 & 65 all SS were Malibus) The VIN is numbers matching for a V8 SS and this car was born a 4 speed but was converted to auto some time in its history. I will admit the car is not perfect it has a MAACO panit job that is over a decade old and it has some door dings and panel alignment issues. It is complete down to every exterior chrome and stainless trim piece. It has a 283 motor with a hot cam and 750 cfm Rochester 4bbl, back up by an aluminum powerglide with a to tight converter and a 3.08 rear end. Its a cruiser not a drag racer.

I've done some work on the car including replacing the non working dash clock with a period correct tach, adding a Custom Auto Sounds head unit for a factory appearence and a 10 disc CD changer in the trunk(controlled by the head unit). I also did the paint on the vintage Keystone Mags.

Now the extras. I have the stock radio and dash clock(both non working) I also have a near complete 67-327 Vette motor it needs machine work and a cam, but it does have a forged crank, and Double Hump heads(182s I think) and it has a vintage Edlebrock Single plane intake. Other parts I have are a '65 350hp 327 aluminum intake(this is factory chevy) and a pair of 461 double hump heads(also form 65 I think) and a couple pairs off period Chevrolet script valve covers.

I have enjoyed this car, and I admit I could enjoy it in the future, but I haven't used it or driven it in months it should be with someone that sees it pontential and will enjoy it.

Any reasonble offers for her?

+1
    That is actually one of my top 5 dream cars. No kidding. If I had the cash, it would be mine tomorrow.

How straight is that body under the maaco paint?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    That is actually one of my top 5 dream cars. No kidding. If I had the cash, it would be mine tomorrow.

How straight is that body under the maaco paint?
    Honestly, only so-so most of the body panels will need massaging to be top notch, but the car is rust free.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that my monitary supply is finite.

That means at this time I cant really afford to continue restoring my '64 and play with my PWCs.

So I am testing the waters of selling my classic.

This is a 1964 Malibu SS(not a typo in 64 & 65 all SS were Malibus) The VIN is numbers matching for a V8 SS and this car was born a 4 speed but was converted to auto some time in its history. I will admit the car is not perfect it has a MAACO panit job that is over a decade old and it has some door dings and panel alignment issues. It is complete down to every exterior chrome and stainless trim piece. It has a 283 motor with a hot cam and 750 cfm Rochester 4bbl, back up by an aluminum powerglide with a to tight converter and a 3.08 rear end. Its a cruiser not a drag racer.

I've done some work on the car including replacing the non working dash clock with a period correct tach, adding a Custom Auto Sounds head unit for a factory appearence and a 10 disc CD changer in the trunk(controlled by the head unit). I also did the paint on the vintage Keystone Mags.

Now the extras. I have the stock radio and dash clock(both non working) I also have a near complete 67-327 Vette motor it needs machine work and a cam, but it does have a forged crank, and Double Hump heads(182s I think) and it has a vintage Edlebrock Single plane intake. Other parts I have are a '65 350hp 327 aluminum intake(this is factory chevy) and a pair of 461 double hump heads(also form 65 I think) and a couple pairs off period Chevrolet script valve covers.

I have enjoyed this car, and I admit I could enjoy it in the future, but I haven't used it or driven it in months it should be with someone that sees it pontential and will enjoy it.

Any reasonble offers for her?
    nice sucks you have to sell it

How long have you had this car? Do you know the history?

I had a shop teacher in high school (20 years ago) that had a car exactly like that. Same color, same wheels, etc.

If I remember right there only a few thousand '64 SS's.

I am sure that it's probably not the same car but just wondering???

+1
    wow, thats a Malibu bro

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    but the car is rust free.
    Wow, One of those "west Texas" cars that all of us on the coast dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post
    How long have you had this car? Do you know the history?

I had a shop teacher in high school (20 years ago) that had a car exactly like that. Same color, same wheels, etc.

If I remember right there only a few thousand '64 SS's.

I am sure that it's probably not the same car but just wondering???
    I doubt that it is the same car(if it is it would be amazing) when I bought it it had mid 60's style Rallye Wheels on it(I still have these) I bought the Keystones from a freind who took them off a '62 Impala SS(Amazing car its a #'s matching dual carb 409 4 speed car that came factory with 4.56 gears)

Yes there are probably only a few thousand 64 SS left.

I've had the car since 2003. I bought it from a kid in Midland who wanted to make a strret rod out of it. He bought it from the guy who put the Maaco paint on it(and saved the receipt, who saves the receipt to a $400 Maaco paint job)and put the current engine in it(probably a later model truck block). I did talk to a guy who claimed to be the on who did most of the restoration to put it back on the street in the late 80s-early 90s. He's the idiot who put a powerglide into a 4 speed car(He only lives because there is a high likelyhood that the judge in the murder case wouldn't be a car guy) and did most of the body work. He said that when he found the car(I am guessing sans engine and transmission) that it had big block springs and big block fuel lines. I don't know if that means it hit the drag circuit with a transplanted big block of if it is aone of the ultra rare only rumored to exist cars that had either a Myster Engine(409 based 427) or was early production 396. Thats about all I know.

Bump.

I have to ask, why go RC when I got the real deal right here.

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    wow, thats a Malibu bro
    Yep. Not a clone, a genuine Malibu SS from mama GM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information