Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

$1000 What would you do with it..

Let's just say you got a RXT-X and you'd like to modify it..
    Performance wise, wheter it's top end mph, acceleration, or control like jet fighter..
    But you got only US$1000, what is it to get first ?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarpa View Post
    Performance wise, wheter it's top end mph, acceleration, or control like jet fighter..
    more boost, prop and manifold upgrade.. you will gain more top end and acceleration.. If you want more control it's gonna cost a little more.. $320.00 or so for RE block offs, Jim's ride plate 800.00 w/ OO conversion kit, $300.00 for aftermarket sponsons..

Read this for more;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

Alex
    Last edited by Alex13; 08-13-2008 at 12:23 PM.

+1
    since it an X,

riva grate= 150
    15/22= 300
    used stock nozzle= 50

custom 4inch front air= bout 100

then go with thru hull exhaust= 150-350

put the rest towards a gps on ebay.. so you know what your running

Banned User
    +1
    Can't do thru hull unless you install the relocation kit...

My father gained 3+mph for less than $200....

- Riva Intake Grate
    - 4" KanaFlex
    - Flame Arrester Removal from Intake Manifold
    - repitched OEM prop 1.2+mm
    (still have to fill rid plate holes)

You can also toss on the following...
    - RE blockoffs
    - Prop (15/22)
    - Skegs

I prefer a bolt-on kits for now

I wouldn't think the thru hull would fit me, and about the 50$ stock nozzle what do you mean by that ?

I read your siggy it says 83 mm nozzle, it isn't stock right because if i'm not mistaken it's 87 mm stock.
    What do you gain from reducing the nozzle size ? Is there any downside on doing that ?

Right now my budget is only around $1000 for now, because i just split my wallet to the dealers for a SHO and RXT-X..

Right now i'm thinking of getting riva grate, riva sponsons, 15/22, and a riva 3"intake with filter.. Would it be worth my 1000 or should i mod the SHO first ?

+1

I wouldn't think the thru hull would fit me, and about the 50$ stock nozzle what do you mean by that ?

I read your siggy it says 83 mm nozzle, it isn't stock right because if i'm not mistaken it's 87 mm stock.
    What do you gain from reducing the nozzle size ? Is there any downside on doing that ?

Right now my budget is only around $1000 for now, because i just split my wallet to the dealers for a SHO and RXT-X..

Right now i'm thinking of getting riva grate, riva sponsons, 15/22, and a riva 3"intake with filter.. Would it be worth my 1000 or should i mod the SHO first ?
    one of the differences between the rxpX (87mm) and the rxp (83mm) is nozzle size.. i found a clean used one here in the classifieds. after already having all of my other stuff on i gained almost three mph from switching..

Riva recommends an 82mm nozzle (adj venturi)for the 15/22 (and you will get more speed over the 83mm, about 1+ mph) but a few on GH said there was a noticeable difference in acceleration between an 82mm and 83mm. And if your comparing prices, 50 used or 300 new when your tapped out for the season is huge

There are some options for a thru hull if you want, while keeping OPAS. Check out rotax racings new thru hull for the X. One of the nice things about an RXT is more room in the back of the hull allowing you to be a bit more flexible..

Banned User

Sounds good but ditch the 3" intake, DIY 4" will do you sooo much better.

+1

If you on a budget, i would mod your stock grate, dont spend money on the sponsons as you dont need them, stock are good at the speeds you will be at, 15/22, some kind of 4 inch air intake.
    I run the 15/22 with T-X stock nozzle with good results.
    In fact i can run 72 + with my mods in T-X with excellent acceleation.

+1
    JAWZ PROP, hands down.
    Read here directly from the people who have them, notice posts 35, 47, 94, etc...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ight=jawz+prop
    Last edited by YoYamma; 08-13-2008 at 09:46 PM.

Forget to tell you guys, on my list of performance wise acceleration would be first, then control and mph would be last..
    Because my playground is the pacific, i got lots of big wave and sometimes blinding weather..

So if i mod the stock grate (by shorten the outer wing right ?), wouldn't it be better if i bought the riva grate ?

And sponson you say to leave it stock , and a DIY 4" intake so what should i buy with my money besides the free mod..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information