How easy is it to mod the SHO?

Next spring I most likely will be getting back into the mix of owning a reliable ski. A SHO and probably the new yami 2 seaters if they release it. How easy is it to mod the SHO and is it a lot of parts that have to be removed? JW because I will be getting 4 years extended on both, to be safe just want to know how easy it will be putting everthing back into the ski that I take out. I had a Kawi Ultra 250, had a lot of bolt ons most would of been easy to put back except the air box was a biotch. So whats cracking with the SHO?

come on just a little input this would be a big help to help me decide on what and if i want to mod this ski or skis

Quote Originally Posted by HYNES View Post
    come on just a little input this would be a big help to help me decide on what and if i want to mod this ski or skis
    I dont think there are enough performance parts out to say for sure. But i think yamahas new engine with time might be just as good if not slightly better then the 4techs when it comes to upgradability.

Wait til Nils produces a RUDE for the SHO & FZR, along with a RUDE RRFPR. I think with those mods, supporting mods and a prop- 80+

Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    Wait til Nils produces a RUDE for the SHO & FZR, along with a RUDE RRFPR. I think with those mods, supporting mods and a prop- 80+
    Can't wait!!

If thats true ill be selling my gtx. And getting a fzr.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    Do you work for Rude?? I just read this exact same post on another thread...

all sounds good to me

Nope-- i dont work for Rude. If Nils is hiring-- I would def. apply! I am just the average joe and making an assumption. I "think" the Rude charger for the RXP is a machined stock housing with a different impeller wheel in it. How long after the RXP came out was the Rude supercharger produced? The Rude RRFPR is a pretty simple device. It has made it very nice for guys who want to remain using the stock ecu. I have used them on an auto application before and am sure that one will and can be made for the SHO/FZR. Dont you think that this same technology can be applied to the SHO/FZR supercharger? I am guessing it is just a matter of time. I am hoping Nils and Jerry are thinking the same things!

On another note, the SHO factory supercharger is made by HKS. HKS is a huge automotive performance company based out of Japan. Could they perhaps get into the pwc game? Big superchargers? exhaust? intakes? Who knows? I think only time will tell. I remember reading this forum when Jerry's RXP had a vortec wheel and was running low 70's. Look where the RXP is now!

My fleet of skis is all but gone! I will be making a new ski decision as soon as the 09s are official!!!!!!!!

Thread Information