Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help quick!!

I just found a buyer for my jet ski at a hefty price and was wondering how I can do it without my title. I just registered the jet ski a few days ago because I just bought it myself so obviously I don't have the title yet. The lady at texas parks and wildlife says you can't sell it until you get the title, but I don't know if she understood me. I bought it cash and am just waiting for the title to be made, I own it and want to sell it to the next person. How do I do this!!!!!!! Can't I just send it to him in the mail when it gets here??

Quote Originally Posted by super_gtx View Post
    I just found a buyer for my jet ski at a hefty price and was wondering how I can do it without my title. I just registered the jet ski a few days ago because I just bought it myself so obviously I don't have the title yet. The lady at texas parks and wildlife says you can't sell it until you get the title, but I don't know if she understood me. I bought it cash and am just waiting for the title to be made, I own it and want to sell it to the next person. How do I do this!!!!!!! Can't I just send it to him in the mail when it gets here??
    If the buyer of your ski trusts you than there is no reason that I know of why you couldn't sell the ski and mail the title once you receive it.

I purchased a ski from Ebay and had a similar situation - the seller had just paid off the ski from the Credit Union and was waiting on the title.

I picked up the ski and he mailed the title about a week later. I wasn't super happy about waiting for the title, but next time I'll know to ask the question in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Lake View Post
    If the buyer of your ski trusts you than there is no reason that I know of why you couldn't sell the ski and mail the title once you receive it.

I purchased a ski from Ebay and had a similar situation - the seller had just paid off the ski from the Credit Union and was waiting on the title.

I picked up the ski and he mailed the title about a week later. I wasn't super happy about waiting for the title, but next time I'll know to ask the question in advance.
    Can't you write up a bill of sale stating the title will folow?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    That's exactly what we did and it worked out just fine.

I just wasn't happy because I didn't learn about the delayed title until after the sale and I had to drive a long distance to pick-up the ski. My only worry was the potential of buying a stolen ski.

+1
    Have them pay 1/2 on delivery of the ski, and the balance on delivery of the title.
    They'll need the title to register it, won't they?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    yes.. do this.. if they get the ski, you get the cash with bill of sale stating title to follow

Ok I was told by a texas parks and wildlife game warden that if they have an accident that it is on my hands. I did not want to get into any crap but do know that people do it all the time! Thanks fellas

I just go to "Select locations" of the Sec. of State and get an "instant title". They print out the actual title right there. I do this almost every time I sell something because I always loose those damn titles!

-=Mike G.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey G. View Post
    I just go to "Select locations" of the Sec. of State and get an "instant title". They print out the actual title right there. I do this almost every time I sell something because I always loose those damn titles!

-=Mike G.
    WTF how do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by super_gtx View Post
    WTF how do you do that?
    I just go the the Secretary of State office (the one that does it locally to me is about 5 miles away) and tell them I need an "Instant Title". All you need to have is the "Application for Title" or your registration and your driver's license. There is an additional $12 charge though.

I'm in Michigan. Maybe not all states have such a service.

-=Mike G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information