Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Life is Supercharged (without ceramics)
    +1

WTB: 05 RXP metal washers, and turbine wear ring

I tried ebay but ran into some delays.

IF you guys can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Im looking for 2 things, primarly metal upgrade washers for the SC on my 05 RxP that i recently purchased and most likely has cermaics.

I fired up the jet out of the water and the pump makes a sound like someone dropped coins into a bowl so a friend of mine said its the wear ring? Any thoughts? I can take a video or sound clip of it, the odd thing is that in the water it doesnt make any sound at all so i thought it just wasnt meant to run out of the water. I need the experts to chime in on this one but ill buy and replace the wear ring first and see how it responds afterwards.

BTW the jet has around 50 hrs now and its an 05 RXP, but the wear ring may have eaten something up hence the rattling.

PM me or respond here, my email is also camunteanu AT gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

+1
    Normal Pump Sound For A Seadoo,wear Ring Doesnot Rattle.you Can Buy Everything You Need From The Great Online Store Of This Site.todd

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Todd View Post
    Normal Pump Sound For A Seadoo,wear Ring Doesnot Rattle.you Can Buy Everything You Need From The Great Online Store Of This Site.todd
    my pump sounds like this video.
    Seems like another 05 is on there too.

Let me know what you think, the sound is very similar to the one they are getting on tape.

heres the link to the video

+1
    NORMAL

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    haha... that ski in the video has some ISSUES...

u hear that thing rev up?

all that vapor smoke on the flush...

i bet that thing has a blown intercooler and it dousting the motor down with water internally

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    I love the smell of water vapor in the morning

+1
    im glad the sound is normal at least. Mine just makes that sound but not smoke/vapour so thats a relief.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by linuxglobal View Post
    im glad the sound is normal at least. Mine just makes that sound but not smoke/vapour so thats a relief.

Thanks guys.
    Mine has the same sound but I don't recall if there was smoke or anything coming out of the rear like that. This is a new to me ski and I was thinking wtf when I heard the rattle. It definitely wasn't that bad if it was or I would have remembered... lol im going to have to check next weekend..

Is there anything I can look for to see if it is damaged?

This place is awesome. It took me forever to find this thread but I still found it to say the least.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 347Mike View Post
    Mine has the same sound but I don't recall if there was smoke or anything coming out of the rear like that. This is a new to me ski and I was thinking wtf when I heard the rattle. It definitely wasn't that bad if it was or I would have remembered... lol im going to have to check next weekend..

Is there anything I can look for to see if it is damaged?

This place is awesome. It took me forever to find this thread but I still found it to say the least.
    You can look into the intake from under the jet ski. You can generally see damage to the wear ring with a flashlight (jet on trailer). I noticed mine rattled a bit more with a bad wear ring but once i replaced the wear ring, everything was nice and smooth. If you look into the intake grate, you may see crap on the shaft thats catching in the blade or you can even feel the wear ring with your hand if it has channels.

Mine has always rattled out of water, but it should be silent in the water.

Cheers,
    C

Quote Originally Posted by linuxglobal View Post
    You can look into the intake from under the jet ski. You can generally see damage to the wear ring with a flashlight (jet on trailer). I noticed mine rattled a bit more with a bad wear ring but once i replaced the wear ring, everything was nice and smooth. If you look into the intake grate, you may see crap on the shaft thats catching in the blade or you can even feel the wear ring with your hand if it has channels.

Mine has always rattled out of water, but it should be silent in the water.

Cheers,
    C
    Yeah, perfectly silent in that regard when in the water. This is my first ski and when I hooked the hose up to it to run, I barely blipped the throttle and noticed it. I will have to look underneath it tomorrow..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information